Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Portfolio Consultant 2
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Small Business Lending is the country’s leading small business lender with a full product suite, which include lines of credit, business cards, term loans and commercial real estate products. The Small Business Lending Risk Management team is seeking a highly motivated and talented risk professional to be part of our Account Management team as a Credit Portfolio Consultant 2. The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Improving risk strategies in multiple areas (authorizations, credit line management, fraud prevention, etc.) by performing various complex activities related to business analysis and/or modeling.
- Performing analysis and/or modeling that maximizes profits and/or asset growth and minimizes credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures.
- Providing analytical support on business credit, operating losses and other product strategies to ensure company goals are met.
- Segmenting and monitoring various credit, deposit and other product groups, vintages, concentration limits, etc. and making recommendations to management based on those trends.
- Producing performance monitoring and benchmarks regarding growth, mix, delinquency, losses and overall profitability and performance.
- Coordinating the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports for senior management.
- Reviewing and analyzing trends in current population distributions and recommending strategies.
- May develop more complex programming models to extract data and/or manipulate databases to provide statistical and financial modeling. May manage the roll-out of company-wide pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proficiency in programming and data manipulation using SAS, SQL, and MS Excel
- Advanced degree in quantitative discipline such as economics, statistics, operations research, etc.
- Previous experience with credit risk strategy development and implementation in financial service industry
- Experience with transaction authorizations and fraud prevention analysis
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather, analyze, package, and present analytical findings in an insightful and logical manner
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail, strong project management and organization skills
- Strong partnership and problem solving skills
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.