Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Portfolio Consultant 1
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
Wells Fargo Small Business Lending (SBL) is the country’s leading small business lender with a full product suite, including line of credits, business cards, term loans, commercial real estate products. SBL applies data-driven strategies in conjunction with strong judgmental underwriting discipline and expertise to small business lending.
The SBL Credit Risk Management Team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced risk professional to be part of the Business Real Estate Financing (BREF) Risk Management team. An individual who is results driven, goal oriented and interested in making an impact will find this opportunity both exciting and challenging.
The Credit Portfolio Consultant will participate in strategic portfolio risk initiatives for the commercial real estate and asset secured lending products. More specifically, you will be evaluating and sizing risk and opportunities, ensuring appropriate controls are in place to mitigate credit risk in the portfolio . To be effective in this position, you will need to have a good understanding of credit from a full lifecycle perspective, a broad and strategic perspective on risk management, a proven track record of using the results of your analysis to drive business decisions, and be fluent in both the key technical tools of credit risk decisioning and sound credit judgment.
The main responsibilities include:
- Support the BREF Risk Team in various risk monitoring activities to ensure the effective controls and risk governance of real estate secured credit originations and UCC secured credit originations.
- Perform variance analyses to understand deviation of performance from expectations
- Monitor lender underwriting decisions to ensure appropriate DCAA controls are in place, booking quality and risk performance is consistent with expectations.
- Perform analyses to support new risk dashboard metrics and benchmark boundaries development
- Identify opportunities to enhance underwriting strategy; develop and implement strategy per proposal
- Provide analytical support to internal and/or external credit risk audits/reviews.
- Effective communication and partnership with BREF Risk Team Members as well as SBL Risk Team Members and various key stakeholders in SBL operations.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1-2 years of SQL or SAS experience
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer and small business loan practices, policies, and procedures
- 2+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Knowledge and familiarity with project development and testing lifecycle
- Knowledge of and familiarity with understanding key factors impacting credit offerings, including credit risks and regulatory requirements
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet time frames in fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large complex datasets with a computer programming language such as SAS, SQL, R, Python, Matlab, Stata, etc.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.