Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Universal Banker
at Webster Bank
1450 Plymouth Avenue-MABR4
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Senior Universal Banker (SUB) is the "face of Webster" with consumer/banking center based customers. The position is an all encompassing role which requires the associate to deliver sales solutions, service and transactions to all customers. The Senior Universal Banker creates a positive customer relationship by effectively communicating a clear understanding of the benefits of Webster's products and services. The Senior Universal Banker will engage in sales and service solution activities and contributes directly to the success of the banking center by recognizing and uncovering opportunities. The Senior Universal banker will exhibits leadership behaviors including but not limited to coaching Associate and Universal Bankers and provide support to the Banking Center Manager and Assistant Manager as needed.
- Demonstrates superior sales techniques to uncover customer needs and match to the bank's products and services; sells a full range of consumer and business products/services such as deposit accounts, loans, credit cards, and safe deposit boxes to meet or exceed established sales goals to support overall sales objectives.
- Demonstrate operational excellence by helping banking center to achieve satisfactory risk assessments and audits
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including typical consumer transactions i.e., cashes checks and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, etc. while seeking opportunities to develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships.
- Consistently markets a full range of consumer and small business banking services to existing and potential customers through proactive techniques such as lobby leadership, outbound telemarketing calls, marketing campaigns, or in banking center events.
- Proficient in Webster's products and services and able to utilize knowledge to identify other cross-sell opportunities and refer existing customers and prospects to Business Banking, Webster Investment Services (WIS), Cash Management, Personal Lending-- mortgages and home equity, Private Banking, and/or other Sales Council members.
- Participates in telemarketing and other banking center calling and marketing initiatives.
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from Loan Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Loss Management or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Webster departments.
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as adhere to Webster Bank's policies and procedures at all times. Meet/exceed banking center evaluation requirements.
- Provides flexibility of coverage during banking center hours of operation and at other banking centers within the market as needed.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors including but not limited to coaching other Associate and Universal Bankers
- Provide support to Banking Center Manager and Assistant Manager in the day-to-day operations and leadership of the banking center; owning the customer and banker experience by helping to resolve issues; effectively handle escalated customer issues; proactively offering to help the team and customers; brainstorm on solutions.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of financial services or banking and/or supervisor experience or 1 + years of experience as a Webster Universal Banker and/or other Webster positions
- Strong knowledge of small business, mortgages, and lending services a plus.
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Self-motivated and demonstrated success achieving sales
- Passion for customer service and helping people
- Ability, motivation and preference to succeed in a goal-driven environment
- Superior customer relationship building skills
- Demonstrated Ability to maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Success in making outreach calls to consumer or business customers and/or prospects
- Decision-maker with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient using technology -- i.e. smartphones, iPad, online banking, remote deposit capture, ATM deposits, etc.
- Strong understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule Monday through Saturday
- Ability to function in and positively influence in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to personal growth, learning and success.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, partners, vendors and team members in a professional and personable manner
- Detailed oriented and ability to follow and enforce established policies and procedures
- Leadership and coaching ability