Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Credit Risk Analyst
at Webster Bank
500 Boylston St-MAS10
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This position is primarily responsible for risk reporting and credit risk management administration. The position reports to the Manager of Risk Reporting & Analytics, providing critical support to the Risk Reporting function as well as the broader Credit Risk department.
- Provide high level reporting and analytics for Credit Risk Management, including analysis to support the credit culture and objectives of the Chief Risk Officer. Areas of focus are risk concentrations, risk rating migrations, delinquency and loss trends, collateral positions, and other related metrics.
- Develop complex and actionable reports that can be used by senior management and business partners to monitor, react to, and proactively manage critical trends in the loan portfolios.
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues, managers, and business partners to maximize the value, relevance, and effectiveness of reports and analyses.
- Contribute to preparation of formal monthly and quarterly reporting that is viewed by senior management, regulators, and other outside agencies.
- Build data inputs from external databases to augment reporting on business trend developments.
- Perform other tasks deemed necessary to coordinate the overall Credit Risk management program.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Advanced degree or intention to pursue advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in related field required
- Experience is the financial institution field is a plus
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Technically proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Thorough knowledge of report construction; familiarity with reporting tools such as Crystal; knowledge of SQL, SAS, Tableau a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
- Superb analytical, organizational, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize while working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with associates at various levels
Physical Demands / Work Conditions:
- Typical office environment / working conditions
- Availability to work extended hours during busy reporting periods