Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Market Senior Universal Banker
at Webster Bank
Date ActiveNov 15, 2019 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
Location50 Freshwater Boulevard-HF152
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Market Senior Universal Bankers will support banking centers in a defined geography, with the opportunity to rotate through a variety of banking centers. Market Senior Universal Bankers will provide customers with exceptional service through counter based transactions and/or basic platform requests as needed. Market Senior Universal Bankers will offer personalized banking services through communication, explanation, and referral of available products, ensuring that the customer's needs are met through appropriate sales and service delivery options. Provide personalized banking services through communication, explanation, and referral of available products, ensuring that the customer's needs are met through appropriate sales and service delivery options. Market Senior Universal Bankers will exhibit leadership behaviors including but not limited to coaching other team members and providing operational and supervisory support to the Banking Center Manager and Assistant Manager as needed at assigned locations.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Offer information on bank products and services that can benefits the customer and enhance their banking relationship.
- Evaluate needs of potential customers and offer appropriate financial products and services.
- Prepare and compile new customer application and information to open new accounts.
- Provide ongoing relationship servicing with current customers.
- Maintain customer accounts through deposits, endorsement verifications, check cashing, etc.
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed branch operations /audit requirements.
- Provides flexibility of coverage during banking center hours of operation for various banking centers as needed.
- Participates in telemarketing and other banking center calling and marketing initiatives..
- Resolves a variety of simple to complex in branch customer maintenance requests and inquires (i.e. address change, stop payments, research requests, etc.).
- Demonstrates superior sales techniques to uncover customer needs and match to the bank's products and services; sells a full range of consumer and business products/services such as deposit accounts, loans, credit cards, and safe deposit boxes to meet or exceed established sales goals to support overall sales objectives.
- Demonstrate operational excellence by helping banking center to achieve satisfactory operations/ risk assessments and audits
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from Loan Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Retail Loss Management or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Webster departments.
- Fluent in Webster's products and services and uses knowledge to identify other cross-sell opportunities and refers existing customers and prospects to Business & Professional Banking (B&PB), Webster Investment Services (WIS), Cash Management, Consumer Finance -- mortgages and home equity and/or other Sales Council members
- Acts in a supervisory capacity with system supervisory override capability. Ability to assist with banking center opening and closing duties and can act as a supervisor on duty in banking centers
- Assist and support to fellow bankers on staff with coaching and leadership influence
- High school diploma/GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in financial services or banking or 1+ year as a Universal Banker or other Webster position(s).
- Demonstrated sales ability through achieving UB goals/metrics.
- Success in achieving satisfactory risk assessments and audits at the branch level.
- Strong customer service, relationship building, organizational, software, and communication skills.
- Established knowledge of small business, mortgages, and lending services.
- Full understanding of Webster's products and services.