Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Banking Product Owner
at Webster Bank
Date ActiveJan 28, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Join the Digital Banking Marketing & Experience team! Help us transform Webster Bank and lead an exciting new approach to digital customer engagement! This is an opportunity to lead the execution of our vision for Online and Mobile Banking capabilities, our most critical customer experience channels. We're seeking a product owner to help us make our Digital Banking experience best-in-class at a national level.
The Digital Banking Product Owner directs the prioritization and delivery of customer-facing digital banking product features across Online and Mobile Banking, and is accountable for quality and delivery of digital banking product enhancements.
Using Agile Product Ownership experience and skills, and coordinating with the Director of Digital Banking and the Digital Banking Program Manager, serve as the customer advocate in the evolution of the assigned digital banking product. Partner closely with technology/engineering agile team to ensure delivery of a competitive and or differentiated customer experience.
If you are a creative, inventive, action-oriented problem-solver, with excellent time management and people skills, we want to meet you! Do you enjoy a highly-collaborative environment with supportive co-workers and a shared organizational vision? We've got that. Let's talk.
In this role you will:
- Lead the Prioritization, Scheduling, and Delivery of specific Online or Mobile Banking capabilities:
- Excellent knowledge of digital consumer product ownership, features and the competition (banking/financial services preferred). Technology expertise, but not a technologist. This is a Product Ownership role and the career path is into strategic digital Product/Portfolio management.
- Working experience as a successful Agile Product Owner.
- Own the backlog of digital banking enhancements, and determines the right feature to deploy at the right time - based on need, feasibility, budget, capacity, and Webster's Digital Customer Experience Roadmap - and takes responsibility for devising and executing the delivery plan. At times may independently evaluate and make final decisions related to feature design and executes on those designs precisely (redirects course as needed.)
- Continuously measure success of the assigned Digital Banking product through customer satisfaction, delivery quality, and speed to market.
- Ensure technology Agile teammates understand priority and requirements of changes. Partners closely with and is (daily) available/accessible to the technical teams in New Britain CT. Ensures time is spent explaining the product to technical teams, channel partners, and experience-support team.
- Anticipate issues with delivery and features, solves issues proactively through communication and expectation-setting.
- Foster a trusting relationship with assigned technical team, LOB, Marketing team and other partners through accessibility and clarity of communication.
- Provide the collateral content, FAQ's, presentations, white papers or blogs that package the assigned Digital Banking product that can be easily leveraged by Bankers, Marketing, and Executive Leaders.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- 3+ years in similar role with demonstrated success as a software product owner in an Agile shop, customer experience design, or related skills required.
- Demonstrated success in ownership of customer-facing software products.
- Demonstrated expertise in measuring Online and Mobile Channel product performance with available data.
- Demonstrated success in self-discovering improvement opportunities in an Online or Mobile Product or Services. Successful improvement of customer experience in an E-Commerce environment.
- Demonstrated success in building strong working relationships with partner teams
You will know you are successful if
- Our customers are highly satisfied with our Digital Banking channel, as measured by CSAT metrics and App Store rating.
- Webster's Digital Banking customer experience is evolving in line with our strategic roadmap
- Product feature delivery by our IT and external partners improves quarter by quarter, measured through specific metrics
- Partner teams and leadership understand the value you are delivering to the product experience by our customers.