Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer
at TBK Bank
Responsible for overall origination of Mortgage Loans. Ensures applicable lending policies and procedures are followed by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interviews loan applicants to document income, debt, and credit history.
- Requests documents such as income tax return, bank account number, purchase agreement, and property description, for verification.
- Determines if applicant meets establishment standards for further consideration.
- Informs applicant of closing costs such as appraisal, credit report, and notary fees.
- Answers applicant's questions and asks for signature on information authorization forms.
- Submits application forms to Mortgage Loan Processor for verification of application information.
- Calls applicant or other persons to resolve discrepancies, such as credit report showing late payment history.
- Informs applicant of loan denial or acceptance.
- Visits centers of influence such as real estate brokers/agents, builders, and other referral sources to promote mortgage sales and services.
- Promote and implement the bank's sales culture and service philosophies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a record of meeting sales goals.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of mortgage software, database software, MS Word and Excel.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills are essential.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communications and customer relation skills are required.
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary for handling frequent interruptions, balancing several on-going tasks, and working in a fast paced environment.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TBK Bank, SSB, a subsidiary of Triumph Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: TBK), is a Texas-state savings bank headquartered in Dallas, Texas that offers consumer and commercial banking products from our 61 branches throughout Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, and Texas. We also serve a national client base through our Triumph Commercial Finance division, which offers factoring, equipment lending, asset based lending, and premium finance solutions for independent insurance agents. We offer discount factoring through our Advance Business Capital LLC, d/b/a Triumph Business Capital subsidiary and insurance through our Triumph Insurance Group, Inc. subsidiary.