USE Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Branch Manager I/II
at USE Credit Union
- Job ID
- Retail (Branches)
- Regular Full-Time
Are you Service-Driven and Relationship-Focused? USE’s branches are the perfect place for you! As a Branch Manager, you’ll have the chance to empower members to gain better control of their finances while inspiring and developing staff. Become part of a team that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
- Assist the Credit Union in achieving its long term goals and objectives and provide strong leadership to fulfill the credit union’s core strategy and vision. Cultivate and inspire within the branch that is in alignment with USECU’s culture and values.
- Lead and guide the franchise team around instilling and maintaining 7 Habits and Creating Member Loyalty Service and Sales Strategies, Mystery Shop guidelines and collaboration. (Better Together.)
- Serve as the primary relationship development officer and s sales coach with a focus on developing and executing plans that are focused on acquiring, retaining and deepening profitable households and CAP/SEG partnerships.
- Responsible for the achievement of branch sales and service goal attainment while monitoring and adjusting performance throughout the year.
- Manage and influence the branch profitability with a particular emphasis on developing relationships and expanding the sales culture and process.
- Serve as the sales leader and sales coach for the branch, directly responsible for sales-skill development of staff, sales performance, goal achievement, member acquisition, member retention, cross-sells, upsells, and referrals, and the closing ratios of loans, and other cross-sell products.
- Facilitate branch meetings and various forms of coaching including 1:1 coaching.
- Responsible for branch business development, conducting outside calling activities, growing new and existing SEG relationships, attending community events, and promoting the public image of USE, the credit union philosophy and USE's services and products to the SEGs and the local community.
- Lead by example by personally establishing new memberships, deposits and other products and services as well as originate and fund consumer loans. Utilize the Deep Dive to meet each member’s perceived and unperceived financial needs. Perform appropriate on-boarding activities for all new and existing members including follow up calls.
- Initiates proactive outbound calls including internal lists and targeted prospects.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department regarding promotions, new business and merchandising. Execute and capitalize on marketing campaigns with outbound sales activities.
- Attend business partner functions and participate in strategic community activities and events to promote Credit Union Awareness and our products and services.
- Responsible for completion and accuracy of employee incentive plan payouts.
- Maintain knowledge of the Credit Union’s products, services and procedures in order to efficiently train, develop and motivate staff to cross-sell
- Hire, train, manage, coach, conducts performance reviews, counsel and discipline staff to ensure employees are proficient in all phases of their respective jobs and responsibilities, are performing to expectations, and are contributing to the branch goals and objectives; responsible for managing and reducing turnover of branch employees.
- Coach and develop skills for direct reports to their highest potential. Set high standards of performance for themselves as well as their staff.
- Responsible for the coaching, scheduling, staffing, training, motivation and discipline of office personnel as well as completing performance appraisals.
- Promote team spirit with employees and assists staff with questions/issues/concerns.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining member relationships in order to meet the members financial needs, provide extra-ordinary service, and create loyal members while meeting Branch and Corporate objectives.
- Provide an unbeatable service experience and adheres to the credit union’s quality service standards, including solving member issues and complaints, and assisting employees in mediating member situations.
- Provide assistance to members seeking solutions on financial matters that relate to Credit Union services to ensure the financial needs of members are met.
- Ensure the effective operation of the appropriate systems including member service platform, new accounts platform and loan platform; which includes knowledge around all member sales and service responsibilities.
- Approve transactions and authorizes fee reversals in accordance with established authority levels.
- Complete wire transactions and/or approvals.
- Partner with Retail Operations, Central Operations, Marketing, Lending Services, and Fraud/Risk Management Departments in the execution of transactional and operational activities in the branch.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the branch and for the safety and security of employees and members. Enforces branch safety and security procedures and alerts staff to changes.
- Monitor environmental and ergonomic issues on a continuous basis to ensure a safe and healthful environment both inside and outside the building.
- Formulate recommendations and provide feedback to Retail Administration regarding operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain control over audit procedures to ensure compliance with existing regulations and Credit Union controls. Responsible for reporting any weaknesses identified to Retail Administration for process improvement.
- Assist in ensuring that the branch is in compliance with federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Directly responsible for developing the annual budget and capital equipment expenditure forecast for expense items affecting the branch (in collaboration with VP of Retail Delivery) Responsible for cost control measures and explanation of budget variances to ensure and/or improve branch profitability.
- Maintain communication between the branch and management by preparing daily, weekly, and month-end reports regarding operations and productivity
- Ensure operational excellence for the day to day operations of the branch and monitor all branch activities for compliance with regulations guided by established policies, procedures and process.
- Ensure that appropriate cash funds are available while minding branch limits, maintaining a proper supply of vault cash, verifying vault cash received and disbursed and maintaining inventory of all negotiable items.
- Provide training to staff in regards to operations and policies.
- Responsible for overall management, supervision and production results of the branch. Directly supervise 2 or more Retail employees and/or supervisors. Provide leadership that ensures supervisory responsibilities are effectively and efficiently carried out by subordinates in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three – eight years related experience in a similar position and/or role; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Credit Union or financial institution experience required.
- Must have working knowledge of financial institution products and services. At least one year of banking experience in a financial institution is required. Thorough knowledge of credit union loan products and applicable policies and standards and excellent understanding of government regulations and legal requirements are required.
- Written and verbal communication skills which support effective communication of information to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from business line managers and staff.
- The requirements for this job include the ability to use Word for Windows, MCIF system, EXCEL, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database use. Experience using Workforce Management tools or systems.
- Valid California driver’s license is required. All Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) must be actively registered with the National Mortgage Licensing Service (NMLS). Must renew and pass annually to maintain active status.
- Must be organized, self-disciplined and detail-oriented with the ability to manage and juggle multiple projects. Persistent and dependable, especially in meeting deadlines; able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Must have basic to intermediate leadership skills with the ability to develop staff, provide ongoing coaching and grow individuals (i.e. coach Assistant Branch Manager up to AVP, Branch Manager level). Ability to develop processes and to organize information.
- Proven ability to partner effectively across all levels of the organization and develop positive working relationships. Must be able to adapt well to change and be passionate about finding new ways to solve evolving business needs.
- Must be able to collaborate within the Retail Network as well as various departments throughout the organization. Ability to remain flexible and supportive as departmental needs arise and be willing to adjust priorities to meet changing demands and needs in the marketplace. Create and maintain a team atmosphere within the branch.
- Must be able to work during regular business hours and occasional nights or weekends as needed to meet and support business partner and community/business networking or events. This position requires the employee to travel occasionally to Southern and Northern California Branches as well as to corporate office.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.