United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant (Bilingual)
at United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Want to join a mortgage bank with over 40 years of experience in the industry? How about one that's been nominated for 2 years in a row as a Top 10 "Best Place To Work" by Newsday and National Mortgage News? The team here at United Northern Mortgage Bankers is looking for exceptional talent as we continue to grow our company through the turmoil of 2020 and beyond. Come find out exactly why we are voted a "Best" employer, and why many of our employees have over 10 years of continued service with us. We offer competitive salary packages, benefits, 401k, incentives, and all sorts of other company perks that pop up throughout the year!
Our Loan Officer Assistants (LOA) work with some of the best MLOs in the business!. As a LOA, you will serve a vital role on a specific MLO's team, serving as a cross-functional assistant that oversees various administrative and customer service tasks. You will report directly to the MLO and serve as a primary point of contact both internally and externally. You will directly represent the MLO to their clients, real estate partners and business partners, serving as a highly professional and expert communicator to ensure a smooth process and productive relationship throughout the origination process. Additionally, you will represent the MLO internally to United Northern Mortgage Bankers, communicating with and working alongside the corporate operations team to facilitate the successful life cycle of the loan origination process from start to finish!
This role is for an experienced individual within the mortgage banking business, with demonstrated skills in customer service, document control, relationship management, loan processing, marketing and communication. Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) are required for this role This role can be highly demanding and may sometimes require the occasional overtime on nights and weekends. This is also a growth-oriented position with ample opportunity to learn the industry and grow internally within the company.
- Act as primary point of contact and represent the Mortgage Loan Originator in a highly professional manner
- Collect and review mortgage loan documents to satisfy loan conditions.
- Assist with social media and other types of marketing campaigns
- Work directly with corporate operations - Opening, Processing, Underwriting, and Closing departments - to facilitate a successful loan origination
- Provide assistance in various capacities - secretarial, customer service, data entry, information collection, and other tasks.
- Routinely update all involved team members after document upload or status changes occur.
- Provide follow-up on a consistent basis with originators, borrowers, and agents to complete processing.
- Be a team player who actively seeks training opportunities and display best practices with all team members.
- 2+ years of residential mortgage experience as a LOA, Processor, Opener or other related role
- Working Knowledge of Encompass Loan Origination System.
- Flexibility to occasionally put in overtime on evenings or weekends
- Possess excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain positive communications with Operations and Sales staff.