Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Credit Risk Review (L11)
Responsible for providing timely and effective challenge to new and renewed Retail Card, Payment Solutions, Care Credit and CRA programs as well as Merger and Acquisition opportunities. Validate key financial assumptions used by the First Line credit and finance teams to determine ROA targets and run sensitivity cases to determine impact of assumption variation; Monitor 1st line Pipeline report of Renewals and New Opportunities to ensure timely Credit Risk Review insertion point. Develop and maintain Credit Risk Review library of concurrent risk review documentation.
- Support Credit Review Leader(s) in performing independent assessments of credit reviews and soundness of proposals as required by policy.
- Perform concurrent reviews of CRA transactions (as required) and Synchrony Corporate Venture Investments with limited oversight from Credit Risk Review Leader(s).
- Participate in IRSC and Working Group discussions and provide insight, recommendations, or objections as applicable.
- Review Merger and Acquisition prospects, including potential Synchrony Corporate Ventures investments for reasonableness as well as the investment rationale. Evaluate management projections, Synchrony’s valuation and assumptions, investment terms and due diligence findings. Manage relationship with Credit, Finance, and Business Development teams. Coordinate overall assessment with 2nd line counterparties (e.g. Ops Risk, Compliance).
- Review new credit requests and renewals for validation/accuracy/reasonableness of Credit Rating (SR), Contingent Liabilities, Money Cost, Loss Reserves, Expenses and the impacts of volume and/or value prop changes to the projected ROA.
- Ensure CCAR stress test parameters are appropriately applied and consider sensitivity results. Evaluate loss rate assumptions, partner health, risks and mitigants provided by the First Line Credit team. Review transactions for potential impacts on Risk Appetite Statement. Manage stakeholder relationship with Credit and Finance teams.
- Track deal approval to execution and monitor any material post approval changes; compile quarterly summary of activity for discussion with Regulators.
- Participate in ad-hoc and special projects as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics with 4+ years of work experience in Consumer and/or Commercial underwriting/lending or FP&A, Capital Planning analytics role Or, in Lieu of Degree, 8 years work experience in Consumer and/or Commercial underwriting/lending or FP&A, Capital Planning analytics role.
- Understanding of portfolio trends, key financial metrics, financial covenants, and loan/program agreements.
- Exceptional MS Office skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Financial Services Industry experience
- Experience with pricing models (FP&A)
- Knowledge of stress testing policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience analyzing risk/business data with the ability to distill large amounts of information down to the critical areas of focus.
- Strong communication skills with ability to prepare clear communication and confidently present meaningful analysis to senior and executive management.
- Familiarity with current Synchrony Financial operating systems.
- Experience with FRBNY and/or OCC regulatory reporting requirements.
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.