Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
at Southside Bank
Mortgage Loan Officer
Non-Exempt, Full-Time Hourly or Salary (Depending on which Compensation Plan the MLO elects.)
Summary of the Job:
Close in-house and secondary market mortgage products
- Interviews residential loan applicants and requests specified information for loan application including review of credit report.
- Compiles and analyzes data for residential loan applicants.
- Submits application to processing and underwriting for approval.
- Notifies applicant of loan decision. Corresponds with customers, applicants or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Recommends and outlines terms of loan. Informs prospective borrowers of loan commitments.
- Utilizes interest rate structure that is consistent with Southside Bank policies and is competitive with current market.
- Provides reports on the status of residential loans.
- Understands and follows all local, state and federal laws and regulations as they apply to residential loans and security agreements.
- Supervise work of staff through the planning and scheduling of work, and review and approval.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems through collection of data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers. Works with fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Physical Environment Demands:
- Stand, sit and walk.
- Use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- See, hear, speak, read and write.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise (e.g. business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Available for overtime as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.