Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Reporting & Special Loans Analyst
at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The Credit Reporting and Special Loans Analyst is responsible for handling Automated Credit Dispute Verifications (ACDVs) and loan maintenance regarding the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). The job will entail investigating and responding electronically to credit reporting disputes, on a daily basis. The analyst will also be responsible for monthly reviews and maintenance for consumers who may be called to Active Military Duty, and updating loans accordingly. They will also be responsible for receiving and handling any requests from consumers for the benefits available under the SCRA. Written Correspondence may necessary, but not frequent. The job will require continuous learning and keeping up-to-date with the Regulations such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the SCRA, and policies and procedures regarding Fraud/ID Theft. Contact with consumers is minimal.
- Investigate credit reporting disputes by analyzing our records in comparison to the industry standards (Metro 2® Format) for Credit Reporting, in addition to Shellpoint’s own company policies for accurate credit reporting.
- Daily and timely processing of Automated Credit Dispute Verifications (ACDVs) using the web-based Metro 2 compliant, automated system.
- Submit updates to the credit reporting agencies as needed, to remedy any inaccuracies.
- Report possible systematic/technical issues to the Manager to ensure the credit reporting process is compliant with the Metro 2 Format.
- Monthly reviews of consumers found to be Active Military and ensure loans are updated accordingly.
- Maintaining records related to Active Military status for all loans with service members.
- Handle all requests from consumers who are seeking relief under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Maintain communication with Clients/Banks regarding any requests from a consumer related to SCRA
- Use letter templates to relay the bank’s decision to the consumer regarding their request.
- Knowledge/ Experience with credit reporting and FCRA is a preferred
- Familiarity with Metro 2 format is a plus
- Familiarity with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) is a plus.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, inquisitive, and have a passion for investigating and problem solving.
- Good written communication skills are preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage and Consumer finance a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel
- Familiarity with Mortgage Servicing systems is preferred.
- Excellent work ethic and deadline driven.
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- Math and analytical skills needed
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred