Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Operations Manager
at Samaritan's Purse
We're searching for a Senior Operations Manager who is a problem solver, a quick learner, and takes initiative. If you have proven management experience and the ability to build capacity in direct reports, we encourage you to apply! As Senior Operations Manager, you will assist the Country Director in providing overall management for daily operations at Samaritan’s Purse Liberia office. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
- Provide management and oversight for the continued maintenance of the Supplier Database.
- Review procurement documents received from budget managers to ensure all requirements are met and policies adhered to.
- Provide management and oversight to the logistics department and procurement team to ensure the collection, submission and filing of proper procurement documentation.
- Manage and direct through the logistic department all of the fleet assets.
- Oversee the purchase of, the delivery of, the offloading of, storage of and the distribution of all fuels and gasoline.
- Manage and direct the accurate tracking of vehicle usage and mileage to ensure accountable allocation to appropriate budgets.
- Manage and direct through the logistics department to ensure a complete warehousing system is established and followed at all bases.
- Oversee aviation activity for Samaritan's Purse Liberia projects.
- Provide leadership to logistics department as they oversee all Information Technology Services ensuring quality service and hardware provision to all staff at all bases.
- Compile quality and informative consolidated reports which could be used by management in decision making processes.
- Mentor and train all staff in operations in order to follow Samaritan's Purse policy.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication networks with key security contacts including: UN and INGO forums, Government Ministries and Bodies, Military, Church leaders, Local vendors, Beneficiaries, etc.
- Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep the Country Director informed of potential events, including crisis response options.
- Understand and implement Samaritan’s Purse’s internal safety and security guidelines as well as donor regulations in relation to security.
- Maintain an updated security manual for the Samaritan's Purse Liberia office, in conjunction with the Regional Security Officer.
- Oversee management and upkeep of all Samaritan's Purse Liberia, with a priority on repair and upkeep of expatriate housing, including expansion of properties as needed for additional expatriate staff.
- Manage and direct through the logistics department the management and maintenance of the fixed asset inventory.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; one to two years related experience/training in project management, business administration, public administration, logistics, or supply chain management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Field experience and knowledge of the region is a strong asset.
- Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in program of scheduling changes.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other staff, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise accordingly.
- Fluency in English.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Two-year contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is able to accommodate a spouse and family.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)