Illinois Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banker I
at Illinois Bank & Trust
Illinois Bank & Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Banker I is responsible for originating new commercial relationships and the cross selling of existing clients. Focus is on growing deposits, loans and fee income in a profitable manner.
1. Participate in the business development activities of the bank
2. Identify appropriate prospects within defined target markets, create and manage an effective prospect list and perform activities to insure growth in loan portfolios.
3. Serve our prospects and customers through a consultative selling, trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing and tackling business opportunities and risks, and helping them accomplish their goals while maximizing our effectiveness.
4. Participate in the underwriting and documentation of the credit
5. Utilize the business case discussion and subsequent meetings with bank management, the credit department, industry specialists and other interested parties to exchange information and ideas, and to seek to understand the opinions of others.
6. Participate in the management of a loan portfolio
7. Monitor the portfolio for credit quality. Understand, detect and report the early warning signs of problem credits so as to minimize the risk of credit loss and to maintain appropriate risk ratings on all loans.
1. Bachelors Degree in Business, including specific courses in accounting, finance, and economics plus additional bank related training
2. 1-3 years banking related experience preferably with lending related experience in Commercial Banking or other relevant job experience.
3. Formal Credit Training
4. Or equivalent education and experience
5. Valid drivers license and personal transportation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
In early 2014, Freedom Bank based in Rock Falls, IL, merged with Riverside Community Bank. Later that year, Illinois Bank & Trust was born to incorporate the Rock Falls and Rockford Regions. In 2015, Galena State Bank became part of Illinois Bank & Trust, resulting in the representation of more than 100 years of community banking experience.
The mergers allow all Illinois Bank & Trust locations to serve clients under a common brand, fostering opportunities to expand the bank’s presence in the state to better serve customers through increased locations, greater convenience and expanded service.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will