Illinois Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Personal Banker
at Illinois Bank & Trust
Illinois Bank & Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under close supervision, the Associate Personal Banker provides courteous and efficient value-added service to customers and employees in a timely and professional manner while maintaining confidentially in customer and bank information. A critical success factor for this position will be working with Personal Bankers, Senior Personal Bankers, and Banking Center Managers to reach branch effectiveness and efficiency goals through identifying customers with financial services needs that are not currently met and coordinating efforts to pair these customers with products our institution offers.
A. Transaction/Sales Responsibilities:
1. Operates a transaction window daily.
2. Provides excellent customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet individual and branch-team goals (as determined by individual bank).
3. Follows bank policies and procedures as they relate to customer transactions.
4. Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
5. Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
6. Resolves customer complaints.
7. Maintains a conversational level of knowledge of products and services
8. Opens, closes, and allows, customer’s access to their safety deposit box following specified procedures if necessary.
9. Works collaboratively with the personal banking team to achieve customer service and sales objectives
10. Actively participates in banking center sales activities, huddles, competitions, meetings, etc
B. Operations Responsibilities:
1. Maintains an acceptable Cash Over and Short account according to the bank policy guidelines.
2. Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and Monetary Instrument logs.
3. Processes Proof Transactions using Image Vision
4. Opens and closes the banking center according to bank security policy.
5. Balances and replenishes ATMs, as needed.
6. Balances coin machines; credit card cash advance machine, etc., as needed.
7. Completes referral training, annually.
8. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
C. Performs other duties as assigned
III: SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
IV: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High School Diploma/GED.
2. 1-3 years customer service & sales experience
3. Previous teller or cash handling experience preferred but not required
4. Experience working in a team environment.
5. Experience providing high quality customer service
6. Knowledge of MS Office, Windows and ten key calculator
7. Ability to count and balance cash
8. Attention to detail
9. Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure
Scheduled Weekly Hours:25
Time Type:Part time
In early 2014, Freedom Bank based in Rock Falls, IL, merged with Riverside Community Bank. Later that year, Illinois Bank & Trust was born to incorporate the Rock Falls and Rockford Regions. In 2015, Galena State Bank became part of Illinois Bank & Trust, resulting in the representation of more than 100 years of community banking experience.
The mergers allow all Illinois Bank & Trust locations to serve clients under a common brand, fostering opportunities to expand the bank’s presence in the state to better serve customers through increased locations, greater convenience and expanded service.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will