Illinois Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Illinois Bank & Trust
Illinois Bank & Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under supervision, the Associate Banker (commonly known as a Teller) is responsible for providing exceptional service and quality with every transaction while maintaining confidentially in customer and bank information. Ensure the customer feels welcome and provide them with a one stop experience in processing transactions. A critical success factor for this position will be working with others in the branch to reach branch effectiveness and efficiency goals through identifying customers with financial services needs that are not currently met and coordinating efforts to pair these customers with products our institution offers. The Associate Banker will work with the banking team in attaining banking center goals and constantly striving to improve the profitability of the banking center.
- Operates a transaction window daily.
- Provides exceptional customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet individual and branch-team goals (as determined by individual bank).
- Follows bank policies and procedures as they relate to customer transactions.
- Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
- Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Maintains a conversational level of knowledge of products and services
- Opens, closes, and allows, customer’s access to their safety deposit box following specified procedures if necessary.
- Works collaboratively with the banking team to achieve customer service and sales objectives
- Actively participates in banking center sales activities, huddles, competitions, meetings, etc.
- Responsible for partnership referrals.
- Maintains an acceptable Cash Over and Short account according to the bank policy guidelines.
- Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and Monetary Instrument logs.
- Must be security conscious and comply with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
- Processes proof transactions.
- Opens and closes the banking center according to bank security policy.
- Balances and replenishes ATMs, as needed.
- Balances the coin machine, credit card cash advance machine, etc., as needed.
- Completes referral training, annually.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities
- GED/High School diploma required.
- 1-3 years Customer Service & Sales experience
- Previous teller or cash handling experience preferred
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge of MS Office, Windows and ten key calculator
- Ability to count and balance cash
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
In early 2014, Freedom Bank based in Rock Falls, IL, merged with Riverside Community Bank. Later that year, Illinois Bank & Trust was born to incorporate the Rock Falls and Rockford Regions. In 2015, Galena State Bank became part of Illinois Bank & Trust, resulting in the representation of more than 100 years of community banking experience.
The mergers allow all Illinois Bank & Trust locations to serve clients under a common brand, fostering opportunities to expand the bank’s presence in the state to better serve customers through increased locations, greater convenience and expanded service.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will