Republic Bank & Trust Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CRA Mortgage Loan Originator
at Republic Bank & Trust Company
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The CRA Mortgage Loan Originator performs a wide range of duties related to the origination of CRA residential 1st mortgages. Meets standards, objectives and goals set forth by management for originating CRA loans and cross-selling products and services of the bank.
• College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Five years of residential/conventional/government mortgage experience required.
• Knowledge of Mortgage processing, underwriting and closing guidelines.
• Basic Computer skills required.
• NMLS registration required*
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professionals, non-profit agencies and personal contacts) for qualifying CRA mortgage loans.
• Interview clients and gather information pertaining to their unique financial situations, needs and objectives.
• Consult with clients about current and future needs to help achieve their financial goals.
• Advise and educate clients on the home buying process and how to better manage their mortgage.
• Assist client through the loan process from application to closing.
• Track meetings, referral contacts and community partners, utilizing Republic Trac.
• Conduct courtesy calls to existing business relationships; further enhance lending opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, underwriting guidelines and external loan products or down payment assistance programs.
• Collect appropriate documentation from applicants in time frames established by management.
• Deliver exceptional levels of customer service and communicate with both applicants and internal. support staff with timely updates and progress reports while managing a pipeline for all originated loans to the closing.
• Execute effective marketing plans to meet or exceed CRA qualifying mortgage production goals.
• Attend and participate in all CRA working groups and other meetings held as required by management.
• Coordinate efforts with Compliance Department to represent the Bank in CRA initiatives which help achieve our CRA goals.
• Assist the Bank in identifying new CRA products.
• Develop a loan officer referral program for CRA loans.
• Evaluate prospective deals to ensure that parameters of loan program are available.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Strong sales technique skills
• Desire to excel in a competitive environment
• Organizational skills
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Bank facilities and client locations required.
• Conduct basic financial literacy and other training with non-profit partners.
• Occasional out-of-town travel as required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in corrective counseling up to termination of employment.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.