Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Originator / Camp Hill Office
at Peoples Bank
- 01-Jun-2020 to 2020-07-31 (EST)
- Camp Hill, PA, USA
- Full Time
Join a team that views their associates as their most valuable assets. At PeoplesBank, we promote and encourage diverse ideas and welcome an environment of challenge, development, and opportunity for all associates. We aim to provide exceptional service to our clients and our mortgage team brings many years of combined home financing experience to the table. As a member of our mortgage team, you will benefit from a local, in-house operations center and a robust internal referral program. We offer a wide range of mortgage options, including construction loans, lot loans, swing loans, and one of the best First Time Home Buyer Programs in the area. If you're an experienced loan officer, we'd love for you to help our clients achieve their dreams through homeownership.
Responsible for the origination of 1-4 family residential mortgage loans utilizing programs and products available through investors, as well as PeoplesBank's internal loan portfolio. Evaluate applicant eligibility for specific programs, take applications and prepare all necessary documents to meet current regulatory compliance for timely delivery of required disclosures. Provide all necessary information and documentation for timely processing of loans. Develop and maintain Realtor, Builder and other referral source relationships.
Essential Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Must comply with federal requirements of the Secure and Fair Enforcement Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Licensing Act) and register in the nationwide system. Must also comply with any state requirements in those states in which the bank conducts business. Must not be prohibited from working in the mortgage industry for any reason.
- Work closely with applicants and their Realtor and/or Builder to find the mortgage program that best fits their needs.
- Prepare residential mortgage applications and disclosures, pull and analyze credit reports.
- Complete mortgage applications and disclosures with a high level of accuracy. Documents need to be compliant with federal regulations and secondary market and investor guidelines.
- Develop and sustain new and existing relationships with Realtors, Builders, Attorneys, Accountants and other professionals.
- Develop business relationships with assigned branch managers, business bankers, investment advisors or private banker in order to obtain qualified mortgage referrals and refer clients to other divisions when opportunities exist.
- Meet individual production goals which aid in the department and the bank meeting business plan objectives and budget goals.
- Maintain high level of customer service and communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to the BRAVO Initiative by taking personal responsibility to deepen client relationships by developing cross-divisional partnerships and using the Encore system to record all client sales and service touches.
- Understands the Bank's BSA/AML Policy, including satisfactory completion of required annual BSA/AML training as applicable to position and appropriately applying this knowledge to daily activities and responsibilities, specifically understanding that any suspicious activity must be reported to the BSA Officer immediately.
Education & Skills Required:
- Currently hold and maintain an MLO license
- 3-4 years lending experience and knowledge of various mortgage loan products
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products and overall comfort with technology
- Capacity to work independently, be self-motivated and adapt well to change