OnPoint Community Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer
at OnPoint Community Credit Union
- Location :
- 5120 N. River Rd
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
The Proactive Partner. You’re a star when it comes to creating new relationships and expanding existing connections. As an expert in home finance, you enjoy being the trusted advisor and guide, while helping members find the loans that best fit their financial future. Our team at OnPoint Community Credit Union has been dedicated to making our members’ financial dreams a reality for over 85 years. Working together, we can further strengthen the mission we have for our community. We’re also devoted to being a fabulous place to work. We value your expertise as Mortgage Loan Officer and invite you to explore and grow your career with OnPoint.
- Identifies, develops and maintains a quality pipeline of member relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Mortgage Loan Officer’s pipeline consists of existing members as well as through referrals and sourcing new member opportunities.
- Responds to member inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other OnPoint business channels.
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit reports, tax returns, verifications, etc. and determine member financing objectives, advise members of product/pricing policies and guidelines and gather any additional required information.
- Ensures exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to all requirements.
- Process loan in conformance with mortgage lending requirements.
- Interpret investor/department guidelines for documentation requirements and submit with file for approval to underwriting with all applicable “subject to” noted and compensating factors outlined.
- Assist in the development and training of other staff members in processing and origination of FHA loan files
- Process and manage an active pipeline of loans and process them in less than 30 days from receipt of full application and/or earnest money agreement.
- Assist Mortgage Sales Manager in other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of FHA lending practices from an origination to processing.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Ability to be self-directed, efficient, and meet deadlines. Ability to manage a heavy pipeline of 40 plus loans.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated math and accounting skills.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum of two years mortgage origination experience.