Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NVR Corporation
NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we’re committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 400,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR’s multi-billion dollar business operations.
A Mortgage Underwriter will take responsibility for the daily underwriting processes for our Conventional, FHA and VA loans. Your attention to detail will have a direct impact on our customers' ability to secure a loan for their dream home.
- Underwrite loans for compliance with investor and/or agency guidelines.
- Submit loans through an automated underwriting system for a decision.
- Approve or pend loans; present appropriate loans daily to loan committee.
- Assist branches with underwriting questions, scenarios and problems.
- Maintain 24 - 48 hour underwriting turnaround for new loans and re-submitals.
- Operation of office equipment and maintenance of loan filing system.
- 2-3 years of experience as a mortgage underwriter
- An approved FHA, DE (Direct Endorsed) Underwriter, preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong planning and organizational skills
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we’ll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80% of them promoted from within, so you’ll find mentors who can share their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your success.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.