New Mexico Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banker III
at New Mexico Bank & Trust
New Mexico Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Banker III is responsible for originating new commercial relationships and the cross selling of existing clients. Focuses on growing deposits, loans and fee income in a profitable manner.
1. Participate in the business development activities of the bank
2. Identify appropriate prospects within defined target markets, create and manage an effective prospect list and perform activities to insure growth in loan portfolios.
3. Serve our prospects and customers through a consultative selling, trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing and tackling business opportunities and risks, and helping them accomplish their goals while maximizing our effectiveness.
4. Participate in the underwriting and documentation of the credit
5. Utilize the business case discussion and subsequent meetings with bank management, the credit department, industry specialists and other interested parties to exchange information and ideas, and to seek to understand the opinions of others.
6. Participate in the management of a loan portfolio
7. Monitor the portfolio for credit quality. Understand, detect and report the early warning signs of problem credits so as to minimize the risk of credit loss and to maintain appropriate risk ratings on all loans.
1. Bachelors Degree in Business, including specific courses in accounting, finance, and economics plus additional bank related training
2. 8-10 years experience Commercial Banking or other relevant job experience.
3. 4 plus years related banking/analysis experience and/or training
4. Demonstrated sales and business development skills
5. Formal Credit Training
6. Or equivalent education and experience
7. Valid drivers license and personal transportation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
New Mexico Bank & Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring our customers the personal attention they deserve backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
New Mexico Bank & Trust’s team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will