Morrill & Janes Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Treasury Management Banking Officer Senior
at Morrill & Janes Bank
Bank of Blue Valley is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under general direction, the TM Banking Officer Senior is responsible for developing marketing plans, customer calling and sales as well as implementation of commercial banking non-credit products targeted toward the medium to large sized business with annual sales from $150,000,000 to $500,000,000. This role is also responsible for managing and developing Treasury Management Officers within an assigned area to meet or exceed the bank’s goals.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Partners with Business Bankers to sell Treasury Management services to prospects and develop/execute on annual cross-sell plan for current customers in each banker’s portfolio.
2. Annually determines the team sales goals for fee income, service charge increases, and new non-interest deposit growth and referrals.
3. Responsible for orchestrating customer and prospect calls to expand business relationships.
4. Partner with Commercial Banking Relationship Managers and self source deposit rich segments to develop commercial relationships in all focused market locations.
5. Develops new Treasury Management business by analyzing market research data and current customer data from internal systems to develop a list of prospects and/or cross sell opportunities.
6. Prepares and presents comprehensive sales proposals and presentations/demos to clients in addition to participating and leading product training for various audiences.
7. Manages all elements of the Treasury Management sales cycle to include business development, prospect qualification, needs analysis, close and implementation of services.
8. Acts in role of business service charge captain to train, support and target growth of business service charges for a specified area.
9. Serves as sales officer and liaison to Heartland Treasury Management Division to ensure that new services are established correctly and timely. Supports resolution of client issues in a professional and responsive manner.
10. Responsible for business relationship management of all Treasury Management products. Works closely with HTLF Treasury Management Support to implement new services and resolve any issues.
11. Partners and supports identification of product improvements/solutions and communicating same to HTLF Treasury Management, Operations and Supervisor.
12. Prepares statement analysis and sales proposals after detailed needs assessment is completed by TMO. Consultative sales approach is critical to selling the value of a relationship with the bank. Maintain strong consultative relationship with clients, particular emphasis on key client base to ensure the growth of the business service charge portfolio of the bank.
13. Promotes and cross-sells other established products and services as appropriate to meet customer requirements.
14. Tracks team pipeline and sales activity to report results on a monthly basis.
15. Approves all customers secondary credit risk limits of $50,000 and below for the bank. Primarily responsible to assess, review and approve with Business Bankers secondary credit risk for all customers $50,000 and above on ACH and eDeposit.
16. Conducts site visits to conduct risk assessment and review of eDeposit function at customer site and score results. Approves annual risk assessment and deposit limit.
17. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Directly supervises Treasury Management Officers within an assigned area.
2. Works with Heartland Financial’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline
1 Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 7-10 years related experience with Treasury Management products, payment services and related business, financial, regulatory, and risk management processes.
2. Extensive leadership and management experience.
3. Sales cycle knowledge including sales planning, sales approach and providing solutions selling to small and medium sized business customers is necessary.
4. The ability to prospect and network at various levels within a company, along with enhanced communication and negotiation skills for moderately complex deals and relationships.
5. Proficient in MS Word and Excel and comfortable with web applications services of Treasury Management products.
6. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
1. Treasury Management Certification (CTP).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Bank of Blue Valley offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring you the personal attention you deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Bank of Blue Valley's team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will