Minnesota Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Small Business Banker
at Minnesota Bank & Trust
Minnesota Bank & Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Small Business Banker is responsible for originating new commercial relationships and the cross selling of existing clients. Focuses on growing deposits, loans and fee income in a profitable manner.
1. Participate in the business development activities of the bank
2. Identify appropriate prospects within defined target markets, create and manage an effective prospect list and perform activities to insure growth in loan portfolios.
3. Serve our prospects and customers through a consultative selling, trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing and tackling business opportunities and risks, and helping them accomplish their goals while maximizing our effectiveness.
4. Participate in the underwriting and documentation of the credit
5. Utilize the business case discussion and subsequent meetings with bank management, the credit department, industry specialists and other interested parties to exchange information and ideas, and to seek to understand the opinions of others.
6. Participate in the management of a loan portfolio
7. Monitor the portfolio for credit quality. Understand, detect and report the early warning signs of problem credits so as to minimize the risk of credit loss and to maintain appropriate risk ratings on all loans.
1. Bachelors Degree in Business, including specific courses in accounting, finance, and economics plus additional bank related training
2. 4-6 years experience Commercial Banking or other relevant job experience.
3. 2 plus years related banking/analysis experience and/or training
4. Demonstrated sales and business development skills
5. Formal Credit Training
6. Or equivalent education and experience
7. Valid drivers license and personal transportation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Minnesota Bank & Trust was specifically created to offer a higher level of service to personal and business banking clients. We blend the intimacy and responsiveness of a community bank with the resources of a large financial services company.
Our business model is brand new, but it’s built on timeless principles:
We help our clients achieve personal and business goals by designing financial solutions, instead of pushing products and services.
We create a team of specialists to serve each client, instead of supplying a list of toll-free numbers.
We do what is best for our clients, rather than doing what is convenient for the bank.
We offer a comprehensive range of products and services, because you need more than ordinary credit cards, loans, and checking accounts.
We build a direct, personal relationship with each of our clients, rather than treating them as sales targets.
Our goal is simple: to create exceptional value for you, your family and your business.
We invite you to visit our offices or browse our site to experience the difference at Minnesota Bank & Trust.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will