Minnesota Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Private Banker III
at Minnesota Bank & Trust
Minnesota Bank & Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Private Banker III is responsible for soliciting, developing, generating and managing full relationships with high income/high net worth Private Banking clients. Consults with clients regarding comprehensive wealth management strategies and recommends specific solutions during the accumulation, preservation and legacy wealth stages of each client.
1. Participates in the business development activities of the bank:
a. Identifies appropriate prospects within defined target markets, create and manage an effective prospect list, and perform activities to insure growth in loan, deposit and mortgage and make significant referrals to help grow the investment management and trust (WMG) portfolios that are managed by WMG professionals in the PCS team.
b.Serves our prospects and clients through a consultative selling, trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing and tackling business opportunities and risks, and helping them accomplish their goals while maximizing our effectiveness.
c.Promotes and cross-sells all bank products and services as appropriate.
d.Prepares for and conducts prospect and customer meetings utilizing tools such as First Research, eMentor, PROFITMAX, and wealth plans.
e.Concludes the sales process by gathering and evaluating financial statements and related data from the prospect or customer, determining potential credit worthiness, and establishing and negotiating proposed credit terms.
f.Reviews and direct new credit requests for existing clients and prospects to ensure adequate business discussions occur and to pursue creditworthy opportunities.
2. Participates in the underwriting and documentation of the credit:
a.Utilizes the business case discussion and subsequent meetings with bank management, the credit department, industry specialists and other interested parties to exchange information and ideas, and to seek to understand the opinions of others.
b.Insures that all relevant information is provided to the credit department in a timely and efficient manner so that all credits can be appropriately underwritten and decisions can be made for our clients in an expeditious manner.
c.Utilizes the credit department to assist in the underwriting of all credits over individual lending limits, and the small business lending center for all credits within the scope of small business, and conclude the underwriting process by reaching concurrence with the credit department.
d.Assures that all client documents and customer agreements are accurate and properly executed.
3. Participates in the management of a loan portfolio:
a.Monitors the portfolio for credit quality. Understands, detects and reports the early warning signs of problem credits so as to minimize the risk of credit loss and to maintain appropriate risk ratings on all loans.
b.Continuously monitors customer performance and maintain timely reporting to include:
c.Insures the Lender Annual Reviews and collateral monitoring is completed on a timely basis.
d.Pursues the collection of any delinquent account immediately.
4. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in the field of business, including specific courses in accounting, finance, and economics plus additional bank related training
2. Over 10 years experience in Commercial Banking or Private Banking other relevant job experience with at least 3 years in Private Banking
3. Over 4 years related banking/analysis experience and/or training
4. Over 2 recent years of working with consumer banking needs and consumer compliance
5. Over 2 recent years experience with mortgage banking
6. Over 2 years of working on teams with investment management and trust professionals Demonstrated sales and business development skills
7. Exceptional client service and presentation skills
8. MBA, CFP and/or CFA or equivalent job training preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Minnesota Bank & Trust was specifically created to offer a higher level of service to personal and business banking clients. We blend the intimacy and responsiveness of a community bank with the resources of a large financial services company.
Our business model is brand new, but it’s built on timeless principles:
We help our clients achieve personal and business goals by designing financial solutions, instead of pushing products and services.
We create a team of specialists to serve each client, instead of supplying a list of toll-free numbers.
We do what is best for our clients, rather than doing what is convenient for the bank.
We offer a comprehensive range of products and services, because you need more than ordinary credit cards, loans, and checking accounts.
We build a direct, personal relationship with each of our clients, rather than treating them as sales targets.
Our goal is simple: to create exceptional value for you, your family and your business.
We invite you to visit our offices or browse our site to experience the difference at Minnesota Bank & Trust.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will