MidWestOne Financial Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MidWestOne Financial Group, Inc.
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Hours Per Week
- Benefits Package
- Yes - Full Time Package
- Location : Address 2
- 2270 Frontage Road West
The Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for underwriting mortgage loan files to secondary market investor(s) and MidWestOne Bank loan guidelines. Ensuring all files are of high credit quality and compliant to all federal and state regulations.
- Responsible for determining credit decision on loan applications for initial file submission. Review all loan documentation to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with all investor guidelines, MidWestOne loan policy, and federal and state regulations.
- During review analyze; credit report, income and asset documentation, appraisal, title work, and any additional documentation needed to satisfy investor requirements.
- Clears conditions on file for final approval.
- Work as a team with other underwriters, processors and mortgage bankers to help meet closing deadlines and provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Monitor Underwriting helpdesk mailbox.
- Participate in departmental projects as required.
- Work to create a positive, supportive, and fun work environment.
- Maintain a positive working relationship throughout MidWestOne Bank to promote effective communication.
- Seven+ years mortgage experience, strong background in current conventional, government and secondary market regulations and guidelines, and working knowledge of the mortgage industry.
- Excellent communications skills - phone, personal contact and written.
- Strong desire and ability to work with employees and customers in a co-operative, professional and friendly manner.