Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Manager / Chief Engineer
at MidFirst Bank
This position will support the bank in the planning and implementation of existing facilities related projects and may be involved in new construction projects. These include the management of projects of various scale at banking centers and other bank owned real estate property which may include vacant, residential property, or other unique properties. While based in Phoenix, other regions of responsibility would include the Denver and the Los Angeles markets. This position will partner with Real Estate Development and Facilities Staff while coordinating with internal partners such as Banking Center Managers, Corporate Technology, and Security throughout construction or project phases to ensure timely and high quality end-products with as little disruption to regular operations as possible. This is not a routine position, but one that offers a plethora of variety and exciting challenges.
The successful candidate will have the ability to operate at a very high level, promoting and maintaining the highest standards to protect the value of the bank’s assets. The candidate will have a proactive “go getter” attitude with a strong desire and ability to think and execute like an owner, be budget conscious, have strong intellectual curiosity and possess superior problem solving skills. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee project activities that are medium to complex in scope involving preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance.
- Oversee renovations and other activities of contractors, vendor personnel, suppliers, and internal employees; Coordinate on-site visits with vendors and contractors for all routine facility maintenance and repairs and any building modifications.
- Supervise direct reports to include, but not limited to: directing work, coaching, reviewing and approving timecards, and preparing and conducting performance evaluations.
- Fully understand and support the electronic facilities maintenance work order system and ensure it is used to its maximum potential.
- Perform quality control inspections of both in-house personnel and outside contractor work; Ensure adherence to contractual specifications and obligations and ensure company standards are met.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of specialty and high quality finishes within our facilities to include equipment and supplies.
- Evaluate, implement and maintain a comprehensive project plan for optimal preventive and regular service maintenance activities in the bank’s facilities; Must be sensitive to high end aesthetics as well as be budget conscious.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned to include, but not limited to, shareholder assets within and outside of Arizona.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Real Estate Development, Project or Construction Management, Operations, or related field.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems strongly preferred.
- General knowledge in other construction trades including drywall, framing, glazing, caulking, cement work, stucco and EFIS, masonry/tile work, and/or lighting desired.
- Experience supervising and training employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments and obtaining regular updates on progress.
- Project planning skills including the ability to organize resources and establish priorities.
- Experience effectively presenting project plans to senior management and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work effectively with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Experience using an electronic facilities maintenance work order system.
- Experience developing and maintaining record keeping systems and procedures, and keeping senior management apprised.
- Proven ability to make prudent administrative and procedural decisions in an independent and confident manner, keeping the Company’s best interest in mind at all times.
- Working knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Experience coordinating, supervising and auditing work done by independent contractors with the ability to ask questions and re-direct work as needed.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours (weekends and evenings) as well as travel out of state for projects as needed.
- Computer/Software proficiency with a smartphone and MS Outlook, E-Mail, Excel, and Word.
- Project, Adobe Acrobat, and CAD experience preferred.
- Must be physically capable of operating vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license, and have an acceptable driving record.
Please apply directly by clicking on the link below!