Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Banking Center Manager - 7th & Thunderbird
at MidFirst Bank
Are you a SALES-oriented professional passionate about exceeding customer's expectations? If so, consider a career in banking with one of the largest privately-held financial institutions in the nation, Arizona's own MidFirst Bank!
Our banking center network in the Arizona marketplace is on the fast track for dynamic growth and currently, MidFirst's assets exceed $10 billion. We are seeking a high-energy, dynamic SALES person for the position of ASSISTANT BANKING CENTER MANAGER available at our ASU Memorial Union banking center in Tempe AZ.
Assistant Banking Center Managers will assist Banking Center Managers with the daily operations of the banking center as well as provide leadership to a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed sales goals and provide valuable service to customers. This position is also responsible for a variety of duties focused on the development of new business, as well as retaining and expanding our current relationships with customers.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in overseeing the operational functions of the banking center and provides support to staff (i.e. answering questions, coaching, providing encouragement, feedback, and constructive criticism as needed).
- Perform required steps to process loan applications and customer originated financial transactions, open new accounts and sell banking products and services.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to uncover and satisfy their needs through the sale of financial products and services.
- Generate sales leads through community outreach activities and develop business partners, while building internal relationships.
- Assist clients with concerns or questions regarding their accounts.
- Explain service charges, statement problems, product features, etc. and work to resolve sometimes complex or sensitive customer issues.
- Create workforce stability by cultivating an engaged and enthusiastic team through effective coaching on proper behaviors, sales techniques, service expectations and compliance guidelines, while modeling the same.
- Ensure the audit/compliance procedures of the center are followed, while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Ensure completion of regulatory compliance and training specific to sales and service responsibilities for you and your associates.
- Ensure that security measures are adhered to regarding opening and closing procedures within the bank.
- Represent oneself and the bank in a positive, courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Supervisory duties will include, but are not be limited to: coaching, counseling, scheduling, training, approving transactions, coordinating job duties, reviewing time cards, preparing and conducting performance evaluations.
Skill / Requirements
- A MINIMUM of three years recent financial industry experience leading, managing, motivating, and developing a team, including sales associates, to meet and exceed assigned goals within a goal and/or commission-based environment.
- Supervisory abilities, including: leadership skills, sound decision making, the ability to motivate others, and the capability to address conflict in a positive and productive manner.
- Proven ability to proactively and effectively participate in a sales program, as well as meeting or exceeding expectations for the sales and referral activities established for this position.
- Availability to work weekends and/or extended hours as required to support the banking center.
- Excellent client service skills, including interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.).
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity of banking products and services.
- Bilingual (fluent verbal and written English/Spanish) skills.
- Sales management experience within a retail banking environment.
This position may require long periods of standing or sitting and may include long periods of typing and repetitive motion. Candidates must possess the ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
MidFirst banking centers' hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Candidates must be available to work weekend hours.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 401K, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and holiday pay. Please Visit our website at: www.midfirst.com to learn more and apply directly online!
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Vet
Please apply directly by clicking on the link below!