Lake Michigan Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Originator
at Lake Michigan Credit Union
The Mortgage Loan Originator role is responsible for assisting members with their mortgage lending needs: analyze loan requests, and make credit decisions based on mortgage lending policy. Looking for candidates in the Macomb County area.
- Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet bank and regulatory standards. Approves or rejects loan application, or requests additional information. Establishes terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with member.
- Markets the Credit Union’s mortgage lending program to companies and individuals within the real estate community.
- Evaluates acceptability of loan on secondary mortgage markets.
- Cross sells other Credit Union services.
- Assembles documents in loan file, including acceptance or denial, and returns file mortgage clerk.
- Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
- Calls or visits members who are delinquent on their loan payment to bring loan current.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two to three years of previous experience in Mortgage Sales or Mortgage Banking in a related area. Previous sales experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge with lending and lead management software systems such as Loan Quest, Symitar and Velocify.
- Maintaining an active registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) is required.
- Ability to work independently and must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Lake Michigan Credit Union is fundamentally different than a bank, both in our structure and mission. Our goal has always been to do what is best for our members. This approach guides every decision we make and every service we offer. As a credit union, our goal isn’t to generate profits for shareholders, it’s to improve the lives of our members. LMCU is consistently rated in the top ten in the nation for Return of the Member by Callahan & Associates, meaning we give back more to our members in the form of higher rates when they save and lower rates when they borrow. At LMCU, the emphasis on delivering real value to our members has been job one, since day one.
As one of the largest credit unions in the nation for several years running, LMCU has earned many awards and accolades such as inclusion as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For Nationally and being recognized by Forbes as a Great Place to Work. As an employee, you'll enjoy a stimulating, professional atmosphere, supported by the latest technology, training, and development. We recognize that a healthy balance between work, home life, and play is essential to our employees and our success. We offer a friendly, respectful and inclusive work environment, fun employee activities and rewarding community involvement opportunities.
You’ll love working here at Lake Michigan Credit Union!