Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President of Collections
at Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it’s a career! We pride ourselves on helping our employees learn, grow, and advance in any direction they choose. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits package and an energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit our careers page on our website to view our exciting opportunities and our fantastic benefits.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Collections to join Kirtland Federal Credit Union.
VP of Collections Position Overview: Assumes responsibility to effectively lead the collections staff with optimal performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily management of the collection staff including developing and implementing best practices to achieve a superior member service experience, present options and solutions to the members and ensure quality and compliant collection with member resolution activity.
- Develops team members and builds bench-strength through continually assessing and providing discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization for team.
- Responsible for establishing credit collection policies, practices, and procedures with the overarching goal of maintaining credit union and department established loss prevention and loss mitigation goals.
- Ensures that account resolution functions are completed in accordance with established credit union policies, procedures and applicable legal requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring key performance indicators, time management and overall department performance.
- Provides supervision of daily default resolution tactics pertaining to vehicle repossession and liquidation, bankruptcy, foreclosure, REO liquidation and collections litigation support.
- Responsible for ensuring that professional business relationships are established and maintained with members, the community, and with trade and governmental organizations.
- Collaborates and works with other areas within the credit union as related to collection efforts.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive collections experience
- 5-7 years of collections supervisory experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with coaching and developing a team toward results and meeting goals
- In-depth knowledge of collections, servicing, foreclosure, bankruptcy procedures, and legal requirements
- Consumer Credit Counseling (501C3) experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of vehicle repossession/liquidation, bankruptcy laws and lender’s rights, post charge-off remedies
- Experience managing collection vendors
- Must have strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must have good critical thinking skills and exercise sound judgment
- Excellent utilization of computer applications including Microsoft products