Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer
at Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it’s a career! We pride ourselves on helping our employees learn, grow, and advance in any direction they choose. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits package and an energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit our careers page on our website to view our exciting opportunities and our fantastic benefits.
We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Officer to join Kirtland Federal Credit Union.
Mortgage Loan Officer Overview: Responsible for creating an exceptional member experience through origination of long-term mortgage loans, real estate lot, construction, and home equity loans.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional completion of assigned loan origination functions.
- Conducts initial pre-qualification interviews and prepares complete loan application packages and necessary documentation.
- Discusses loan alternatives, credit criteria, interest rates, and loan documentation in such a manner as to elicit positive responses from members.
- Conveys policies for extension of credit in accordance with compliance with FNMA, FHA, VA, GNMA and/or KFCU guidelines/policies.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relations with members, realtors and home construction professionals.
- Counsels members regarding money management and financial matters. Counsels members whose loan requests were denied, explaining reasons and alternatives.
- Support the Credit Union’s mission, vision, values, strategic goals, and service standards.
Preferred or required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Three-five years of experience working with mortgage and home equity loans preferred.
- Current NMLS license or ability to obtain one.
- Strong understanding of credit analysis, mortgage underwriting guidelines and mortgage loan qualifications.
- Proficient with mortgage products, regulations, and processes for Conventional, FHA, VA, and adjustable Rate Mortgages.
- Demonstrated experience with meeting and exceeding goals.
- Strong knowledge in determining credit worthiness and analyzing credit reports.
- Knowledge of Credit Union loan products, policies, procedures and processing.
- Knowledge with title reports, insurance, and appraisals.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal mortgage-related laws.
- Experience with member experience, identifying needs and providing solutions in a professional manner.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and has excellent time management skills.
Kirtland Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive, generous benefits package:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement savings program that includes employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Clothing Loan
- And much more!
To apply for this exciting opportunity, visit our careers page at www.kirtlandfcu.org EOE