Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Loan Processor
at Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Sandia Area has opportunities for motivated, positive, and knowledgeable individuals to join our team in providing excellent member service.
Sandia Area Federal Credit Union is a highly successful not for profit financial cooperative which strives to support our competitive position in the ever evolving financial marketplace by focusing on member service. We are seeking applicants that have a great work ethic and positive attitude that are excited to make a contribution to our organization. We encourage those interested in working for a successful non-profit financial cooperative dedicated to delivering cost effective banking products and services to the community to apply today.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success and offer competitive compensation in addition to a comprehensive benefit package that goes well beyond a paycheck, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Vacation, floating holiday, sick leave
- 401(k) with employer match
- Pension plan and much more!
Sandia Area is currently seeking a Full Time Retail Loan Processor at our Rio Rancho Branch.
The Loan Processor position is a back-office role that supports our Loan Officers in our Retail Lending Department. This position is responsible for processing a high volume of loan applications, resolving loan product or service issues or disputes, assisting members with auto pay set up, and actively cross-selling Credit Union products and services.
The duties and responsibilities of the Loan Processor include but are not limited to:
- Provides Credit Union product and service information based on member need and/or request
- Prepares and processes loan paperwork, reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, disburses loan proceeds and performs appropriate system maintenance/updates.
- Performs routine transactions, including but not limited to: account maintenance; resolving loan product or service issues or disputes; assisting members with auto-pay setup.
- Performs loan interviews, gathering background information on loan applicants such as consumer reports, employment/income verification, residence information, etc. to provide to the Loan Officer.
- Sells products and/or services to meet members' needs and achieve Credit Union goals and objectives
Skill / Requirements
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Two to four years credit union experience with progressive responsibilities in new account and/or loan operations preferred
- General knowledge of credit union or lending operations is desired
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to ascertain members' needs and handle member issues
- Must be at ease selling Credit Union products and services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex (i.e. transaction or loan problems)
- High level of organization skills
- The ability to adjust priorities to meet deadlines
- Must be able to lift up to 10lbs
Core scheduling hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Alternating Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Apply now at www.sandia.org/careers