Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Banker / Member Services Officer - Kirtland AFB Office
at Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Are you ready to showcase your customer service skills in a professional environment? Sandia Area has opportunities for motivated, positive, and knowledgeable individuals to join our Team in providing excellent member service.
Sandia Area Federal Credit Union is a highly successful not for profit financial cooperative which strives to support our competitive position in the ever evolving financial marketplace by focusing on member service. We are seeking applicants that have a great work ethic and positive attitude that are excited to make a contribution to our organization. We encourage those interested in working for a successful non- profit financial cooperative dedicated to delivering cost effective banking products and services to the community, to apply today.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success and offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit program that goes well beyond a paycheck including medical/dental/vision benefits, retirement plans including a 401(k) with employer match, pension plan, paid leave, and more.
We are currently seeking applicants to join our team at the Kirtland AFB Officer as a Member Services Officer.
The Member Services Officer is responsible for providing prompt and professional assistance to members by educating them on Credit Union products and services, establishing new accounts, performing maintenance on existing accounts and processing loan paperwork while actively cross-selling Credit Union products and services.
The duties and responsibilities of the Member Services Officer include but are not limited to:
- Provides Credit Union product and service information based on member need and/or request
- Sells products and/or services to meet members' needs and achieve Credit Union goals and objectives
- Meets/exceeds sales goals established by the Credit Union on a monthly basis
- Performs routine transactions, including but not limited to: opening savings/checking accounts, IRAs, money markets, and certificates; ordering checks, ATM/debit cards, and research requests; processing account disputes, address changes, delete/add joint owner requests, and other account maintenance; resolving product or service issues or disputes; assisting members with payroll and direct deposit questions, etc
- Performs loan interviews, gathering background information on loan applicants such as consumer reports, employment/income verification, residence information, etc
- Prepares and processes loan paperwork, reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, disburses loan proceeds and processes loan payoffs
Skill / Requirements
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Two to four years credit union experience with progressive responsibilities in new account and/or loan operations preferred
- General knowledge of credit union operations is desired
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to ascertain members' needs and handle member issues
- Must be at ease selling Credit Union products and services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex (i.e. transaction or loan problems)
- High level of organization skills
- The ability to adjust priorities to meet deadlines
- Must be able to lift up to 10lbs
This position is located at our Kirtland AFB Office
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position!
Core scheduling hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
All applications must be submitted at www.sandia.org/careers