Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Collector (Special Accounts Officer)
at Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Are you ready to showcase your customer service skills in a professional environment? Sandia Area has opportunities for motivated, positive, and knowledgeable individuals to join our Team in providing excellent member service.
Sandia Area Federal Credit Union is a highly successful not for profit financial cooperative which strives to support our competitive position in the ever evolving financial marketplace by focusing on member service. We are seeking applicants that have a great work ethic and positive attitude that are excited to make a contribution to our organization. We encourage those interested in working for a successful non- profit financial cooperative dedicated to delivering cost effective banking products and services to the community, to apply today.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success and offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit program that goes well beyond a paycheck including a 401(k) with employer match, pension plan, paid leave, and more.
Sandia Area is currently seeking a Collector (Special Accounts Officer)
The Collector is responsible for collection on past due accounts and assisting members with getting their accounts back on track. They provide member service via phone and written communication.
The duties and responsibilities of the Collector position include but are not limited to:
- Collects past due loan payments in accordance with policies and practices
- Ascertains reason for delinquency, counsels and work with members to cure delinquent accounts by making payment arrangements enlisting cooperation of member
- Performs skip tracing
- Markets repossessions
- Recommends accounts for charge off
- Makes recommendations for extension agreements and loan modifications
- Maintains accurate and current records of collection activity
- Investigates credit bureau disputes
Skill / Requirements
- High school degree or equivalent
- Two to four years collections experience required with progressive responsibilities in collection procedures
- Productive degree of initiative to manage large volume of delinquent accounts independently
- Familiarity with the Fair Debt Collections Protection Act
- Ability to accurately assess and analyze consumer credit reports
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate bad debts
- Flexible in judgment making
- Able to handle difficult individuals with a relative degree of ease
This position is located on Kirtland Air Force Base with core scheduling hours of 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday and occasional Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position! We offer medical, dental, vision, retirement plans, and more!