Frontwave Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Teller/Universal Service Representative: 29 Palms
at Frontwave Credit Union
Frontwave Credit Union is Now Hiring!!!
We are seeking a Service Oriented Professional Teller to support our 29 Palms team. If you enjoy helping people and have experience working in a financial institution or in a retail/cashier environment, this job is for you!
About Frontwave Credit Union
Frontwave Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. Founded in 1952, we have grown to 14 branches with 87,000 members and manage over $820 million in assets. At Frontwave Credit Union, we are focused on creating consumer solutions to provide our members and the communities we serve with products and services that enhance the quality of life for our members through exceptional service and the progressive application of technology.
As Teller you are responsible for providing a variety of teller functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments. Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Ensures efficient and effective processing of Teller functions
- Receives checks and cash for deposit and payments, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds in accordance to check hold policies
- Orders daily supply of cash, and counts incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Processes other negotiable instruments such as: government bonds, wire transfers, cashiers checks, Visa gift cards and Western Union wires.
- Processes payments and deposits made via night drop and mail.
- Processes share branching transactions for guest members in accordance with FSCC guidelines
- Processes general ledger debits and credits such as ATM, Coinstar, and charge Misc. fees
- Handles requests regarding basic account information, change requests, stop payment requests and rate information.
- Cross-sells additional products and services to meet member needs
- Processes other requests of a more complex nature including:
Mortgage payments, ACH transfer set-up
ATM plastic setup and card ordering
On-line check ordering
- Follows Red Flag Program Policy.
- Identifies red flags to detect possible risk of identity theft to members or to the safety and soundness of the credit union.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Six months Teller or equivalent experience in a credit union or similar financial institution.
*May accept individual in our Teller Trainee level position with no less than six months cash handling experience with increasing responsibility that would include balancing a cash drawer or cash register at the beginning or end of a shift.
Whats In It For You:
Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid holidays
Affordable medical, dental, vision plans, and Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
We strive to be the best place youve ever worked!