Community Resource Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Quality Specialist &Underwriter
at Community Resource Credit Union
Loan Quality Specialist & Underwriter
Conducts consumer loan quality and risk reviews; provides staff support to assure that proper loan information is collected to maintain acceptable credit standards conforming with CRCU loan guidelines and policies; analyzes loan requests and makes loan decisions to assist members with their consumer lending needs; adheres to Federal and State Laws and Regulations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
35% Reviews loans to verify the terms, data fields, trackings and records are completed accurately and are compliant with credit union’s loan procedures and policies.
25% Assists Underwriter in analyzing current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Makes decisions to approve, counter offer, deny or forward the loan request to higher levels for decision.
10% Establishes the terms and conditions of an approved loan.
10% Reviews all loan documents for completeness and accuracy
5% Participates in sales incentive program; actively cross-sells other Credit Union services.
5% Responsible for the overall quality of the loans that make up the individual underwriter’s portfolio. The quality of the underwriter’s portfolio should be such that losses and delinquencies are within acceptable limits and loans are properly documented to reflect the credit decisions.
2% Keeps up with current trends in consumer credit.
2% Authorizes release of collateral on existing loans, changes in loan terms, waivers of payments, due date changes, etc.
6% Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reviews loan folders for data accuracy and documentation compliant with the credit unions loan procedures and policies. Maintains records of errors and trends for future training classes.
- Provides decisions within 10 minutes upon receipt of completed application.
- Assists in maintaining a 60-day delinquency rate at or below 1% of loan portfolio.
- Cross sells credit union products and services.
- Assists in maintaining a charge-off rate of no more than .25% of loan portfolio.
- Maintains a professional, courteous and friendly atmosphere for members and co-workers.
- Conducts monthly loan quality and risk reviews. Reports any variances to the Credit Manager.
- Employee demonstrates an understanding of, and follows the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance. Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
(1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Must have good, verbal and written, communication skills, Typewriter, and computer analytical and attention to detail skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May require periodic travel. There is exposure to potential hazardous conditions such as robbery. Employees are to receive detailed instructions and procedures to follow in order to minimize risk.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position. Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.