BrightStar Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teller/MSR - Pompano
at BrightStar Credit Union
- Job ID
- Branch Banking
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Full-TimeTeller/MSR to join our team
at our Pompano Branch
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors’ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding “Quality Member Service” as defined in our “Service Promises” through the knowledge and use of sales skills learned in “Becoming a Sales Champion” and measured by “Quality Loop Scores.” Provide outstanding “Quality Member Service” as defined in our “Service Promises” and measured by our “Internal Service Surveys”.
- Process appropriate percentage of teller transactions for the branch as defined by branch management with a high degree of accuracy and within the limits of the over/short policy. Use sales referral skills and input referrals in StarTrack.
- Process appropriate percentage of new account, account maintenance and loan production as defined by branch management, with a high degree of “Quality Assurance” accuracy within the limits of the credit union policy. Use sales skills to uncover Member needs and provide credit union solutions. Use sales closing skills and input sales in StarTrack.
- Dependability – Accomplishes workload responsibilities in a timely manner without prompting. Takes initiative to manage and communicate absence and/or leave appropriately.
- Meet or exceed ancillary product sales goals: loan protection, VSA, GAP and CUSO Financial Services referrals.
- Attitude – Demonstrates positive attitude and behavior in support of organizational goals and management. Demonstrates professionalism, an optimistic and team-oriented approach to work with high integrity.
- Complies with Credit Union policies and procedures (including BSA/US Patriots Act, OFAC, security policy and confidentiality policy), government regulations and other policy and procedures related to position.
- Attend required training as directed by management. Proactively seek knowledge of the features and benefits of all credit union products and services
Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
- Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- High school education or GED
- Must have excellent communication skills
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
- Six months of similar or related Teller experience
- Must be proficient with 10-key calculators and keyboarding
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.