BrightStar Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Originator
at BrightStar Credit Union
- Job ID
- Consumer Lending
- Regular Full-Time
MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the chance to succeed. We are dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Originator to join our team!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbor's financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) originates first and second mortgages for current and prospective members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Sources First Mortgage and Home Equity Loan applicants for BrightStar Credit Union, both internally and externally thru branches, real estate agents, attorneys, closing agents, centers of influence, and professional and civic organizations.
- Originate Mortgage loan in the credit union’s loan origination system and assist throughout the fulfillment process.
- Provide outstanding service to member as defined by the credit union’s Service Standards and Promises.
- Work closely with the applicant, title companies, attorneys and vendors to insure a “best in class” process.
- Assist other areas of the credit union as needed.
- Performance will be measured primarily on applications taken, units and dollars funded, application quality, regulatory compliance, quality of service, and business development results.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of two years first Mortgage Origination experience required.
- Existing NMLS Federal registration in good standing required. No State license necessary.
- Working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA underwriting criteria and of Automated Underwriting Systems required.
- Sales skills and abilities with a proven track record of mortgage sales experience required.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of Encompass preferred.
- Established Real Estate Professionals referral network preferred.
- Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program in Mortgage Lending.
- Completion of the an approved NMLS licensing course; or
- A two year college degree or certification; or
- Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the credit union organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.