BrightStar Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EFT Specialist - Credit Cards
at BrightStar Credit Union
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
EFT Specialist – Credit Cards
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We are dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors’ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position is responsible for maintenance of the credit card portfolio, share-draft and Check 21 processes.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Support daily operations of credit card portfolio. Process new credit card applications and balance transfers. Facilitate credit cards ordering and reissuance
- Maintain daily, monthly, and quarterly reports as required.
- Balance daily cash letters sent to Federal Reserve.
- Assist with processing return deposit items.
- Assist with various EFT related projects assigned to the department.
- Assist team members with routine and complex issues related to the EFT products.
- Reconcile assigned general ledgers.
- Contribute to the positive working environment within the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or
trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with members, supervisors and staff. Ability to multi-task and to prioritize many daily functions, while working with conflicting deadlines. Must have excellent communication, member service and human relation skills. Must have extensive knowledge of Excel and Word applications. Must have proficiency in data entry, using various applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.