Arizona Central Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Processor
at Arizona Central Credit Union
Arizona Central Credit Union is looking for an individual with mortgage experience to assist our mortgage department in building long term member relationships and by helping improve each member's financial life. This position will be responsible for ensuring the timely review and accurate packaging of all loans originated by our loan officers to be submitted to underwriting for final approval. The Mortgage Processor will also be responsible for processing all types of residential mortgage loans originated by Arizona Central Credit Union, including but not limited to Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Input proper loan information into the system for processing.
- Ensure that all loan documentation is complete, accurate and complies with company, agency, and investor requirements.
- Perform review of credit, income, asset, and property documentation to submit an approvable package to underwriting.
- Maintain contact with the borrower/member throughout the loan process and obtain any necessary documents needed to complete processing.
- Order required documents such as appraisal, title, flood, hazard insurance, credit supplements, payoffs, etc.
- Maintain contact with all parties involved with the loan file weekly, including but not limited to Title Company, Realtor, and Member etc.
- Responsible for coordinating loan closing between the borrower/member and the title company.
- Manage a pipeline of 30 loans monthly with accuracy to ensure all COE deadlines are met.
- Prepare and submit quality files to be underwritten by mortgage insurance companies, investors and the underwriting staff.
- Manage expectations of borrower/member in regards to turn times, closing dates etc.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and self-motivation in all functions of processing in addition to keeping abreast of current lending guidelines to ensure that all submissions are approvable.
- FHA case processing including but not limited to LDP/GSA, CAIVRS
- VA processing and knowledge of VA lending guidelines.
- Maintain open communication with internal staff and provide updates as to loan status.
- Monitor loan file lock expiration dates and coordinate any extensions or updates to the loan with the lock desk.
- Ensure that all loan files meet all regulatory/RESPA requirements through all phases of the loan file. Prior to submitting the loan to the closing department, the processor is responsible for final compliance review.
- Ensuring that loans are processed in accordance with the Credit Union’s policies and procedures.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sell services
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money laundering programs, USA Patriot Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: 1-3 years retail mortgage processing experience with a concentration in conventional, VA and FHA lending.
- Must possess and maintain thorough knowledge of investor guidelines including GSE guidelines
- Excellent documentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain acceptable turn times in a fast-paced environment