Arizona Central Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Processor
at Arizona Central Credit Union
Are you passionate about the mortgage industry and helping others? If you are a detailed, organized, motivated person that enjoys being a part of a great team, this may be the perfect opportunity for you. Below are details of what this position will be responsible for as well as ensuring the timely review and accurate packaging of all loans originated by our loan officers to be submitted to underwriting for final approval. This position will also be responsible for processing all types of residential mortgage loans originated by Arizona Central Credit Union, including but not limited to Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo.
- Input proper loan information into the system for processing.
- Ensure that all loan documentation is complete, accurate and complies with company, agency, and investor requirements.
- Perform review of credit, income, asset, and property documentation to submit an approvable package to underwriting.
- Maintain contact with the borrower/member throughout the loan process and obtain any necessary documents needed to complete processing.
- Order required documents such as appraisal, title, flood, hazard insurance, credit supplements, payoffs, etc.
- Maintain contact with all parties involved with the loan file weekly, including but not limited to Title Company, Realtor, and Member etc.
- Responsible for coordinating loan closing between the borrower/member and the title company.
- Manage a pipeline of 25 loans monthly with accuracy to ensure all COE deadlines are met.
- Prepare and submit quality files to be underwritten by mortgage insurance companies, investors and the underwriting staff.
- Manage expectations of borrower/member in regards to turn times, closing dates etc.
- FHA case processing including but not limited to case number assignments, LDP/GSA, CAIVERS, Appraisal logging
- VA processing and knowledge of VA lending guidelines.
- Monitor loan file lock expiration dates and coordinate any extensions or updates to the loan with the lock desk.
- Ensure that all loan files meet all regulatory/RESPA requirements through all phases of the loan file. Prior to submitting the loan to the closing department the processor is responsible for final compliance review.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sell services
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: 1-3 years retail mortgage processing experience with a concentration in conventional, VA and FHA lending.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contact become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Must possess and maintain thorough knowledge of investor guidelines including GSE guidelines
- Excellent documentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain acceptable turn times in a fast paced environment
Positive, Team-Players Wanted! Arizona Central Credit Union conducts pre-employment background and credit checks, and we are a drug-free and tobacco free workplace. This credit union provides career opportunities, not just jobs!