Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Third Party Risk Program Manager
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under the direction of the Director of ERM, the Third Party Risk Program Manager is responsible for managing the on-going development and driving the evolution of the Company’s Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Program to a maturity level commensurate with midsize bank practices and aligned with regulatory expectations. The Program Manager will liaise with business owners (vendor owners) as well as other key risk groups (such as Credit Risk Management, Information Security, IT, Compliance, BSA/AML, Legal) to ensure the program activities are adequately performed and third party risks are appropriately identified, analyzed and reported. The TPRM function must be proactive in assessing change in the internal and external environment as well as industry trends within third party risk management. The Program Manager will assist business line leaders in mitigating Third Party risk by providing the policy, guidance, awareness and tools needed to proactively manage third party risk.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops third party risk components of the enterprise risk framework, in conjunction with direction from the Director of Enterprise Risk Management. This includes all governance documentation, templates and tools.
2. Administers the Third Party Risk Management Program for current population of non-standard vendors in accordance with the Company’s adopted third party risk framework. This includes implementing and enhancing the risk assessment approach, spanning vendor on-boarding and on-going monitoring/periodic reviews based on vendor risk ratings. The Program manager also provides oversight of other departments which administered certain specialized supplementary third party risk programs.
3. Oversees the process, and monitors progress on new vendor due diligence, including coordination with all areas of the Company that have review requirements (BSA/AML, Compliance, Legal, Information Security, Credit, etc.).
4. Compiles audit and regulatory examination request materials related to any aspect of the Third Party Risk Management program, including assembling documentation, gathering information from stakeholders as needed in addition to implementing corrective actions on issues identified.
5. Tracks all SOC 1, SOC 2 reviews as required for SOX compliance purposes as well as for other non-SOX significant vendors.
6. Provides status reporting on third party risk management program metrics to internal business partners, executive management and other stakeholders (e.g. HTLF Board of Directors, regulators), including but not limited to the vendor population, risk distribution, on-going monitoring/review status updates, issues aging, watch list reporting etc.
7. Develops and maintains a consolidated calendar for all TPRM deliverables.
8. Maintains the Company’s internal intranet site (Heartland Highway)) for Third Party Risk.
9. Serves as the subject matter expert and assists vendor owners in evaluating third party relationships including facilitation of key stakeholder involvement as necessitated by the risks presented.
10. Completes all necessary Company mandatory e-learning courses as required.
11. Engages in ad-hoc projects or requests as deemed appropriate by the Director of ERM.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 5 years or more experience in third party risk management within the banking industry.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Project Management
3. General risk management and/or regulatory knowledge as a banker, auditor, consultant or regulator in understanding the principles of internal control and key risks facing financial services companies, including credit, interest rate, liquidity, compliance, legal, operational, reputation and strategic risk.
4. Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and handle ad-hoc projects or requests.
5. Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented with ability to collaborate with employees throughout all levels of the Company.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CTPRF (Certified Third Party Risk Professional) or other risk management certification preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will