Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Third Party Risk Program Manager
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under general direction, the Third Party Risk Program Manager is responsible for assisting business line leaders in mitigating Third Party Vendor risk by providing the tools and education necessary to complete risk evaluations.
1. Develops third party risk components of the enterprise risk framework, in conjunction with direction from the Chief Risk Officer.
2. Creates risk assessment and scorecard tools to enable business unit managers to consistently assess and report their third party risk.
3. Establishes a hierarchy of approval authority for third party risk acceptance, based on risk assessment.
4. Monitors execution of the third party risk management process by business unit managers to ensure that risk is properly controlled and reported in new and reviewed third party relationships.
5. Independently reports to the Chief Risk Officer, other members of senior management, and the board on.
6. Monitors to ensure the completeness and integrity of the risk-assessed third party relationships.
7. Assists the sponsoring business unit leaders in evaluating third party relationships as a subject matter expert and as facilitator in identifying stakeholders who need to be involved along with the owner.
8. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Project Management
2. 5-7 years related experience in risk management.
3. Managerial experience, preferably in an operations-related role that included selecting and evaluating third parties or vendors who would support key business objectives. Banking experience preferred, but not essential.
4. Must possess knowledge and experience in principles of internal control and/or enterprise risk management.
5. A candidate with particularly strong risk management experience and background would be considered, even if not possessing the direct operational experience in managing third parties.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong interpersonal skills.
1. CPA, CRCM
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will