Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Small Business Credit Analyst II
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Small Business Credit Analyst is responsible for supporting the Business Bankers, Banking Center Mangers, Portfolio Manager and Commercial Bankers with line renewals, term loan extensions, modifications, collecting financial statements, documentation exceptions, portfolio reporting and the collection of delinquent loans. Ensures that credit quality guidelines and policies are met and monitored.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages the collection of data and the reporting function, to include various portfolio monitoring reporting mechanisms.
2. Monitors the Small Business portfolio for delinquency, overdrafts, line usage, and any deterioration or added risk.
3. Communicates regularly and effectively with front line Business Bankers, their Loan assistants, and Small Business customers.
4. Participates in monthly member Bank portfolio review meetings ensuring Bank/Credit policy is adhered too, credits are properly monitored.
5. Ensures all commercial and retail bankers are utilizing CME to it fullest extent with respect to updating customer information for renewals, delinquencies and the quarterly rescore report.
6. Assists the Commercial Banker and BCM in obtaining all information, updates and financials needed to begin the underwriting/renewal process in an expeditious manner.
7. Monitors and supports Small Business loan portfolio through Behavioral Analysis.
8. Renders credit decisions on all renewals and modifications up to credit authority making recommendations for larger credits. Utilizes auto review, limited review or full review functions.
9. Works with Business Bankers & Special Assets in the collection of delinquent loans.
10. Cleans up outstanding documentation exceptions.
11. Creates periodic reports for Senior Management.
12. Understands, detects and reports the early warning signs of problem credits so as to minimize the risk of loss.
13. Provides back up underwriting support for all credit cards and other applicants $100,000 and under.
14. Maintain and recommend proper risk ratings on all credits.
15. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent field of study.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. 3-5 years Small Business Credit experience.
2. Experience making or recommending decisions on loan request a plus.
3. Commercial credit experience or training.
4. 1-3 years minimum of working in a centralized credit environment utilizing credit scoring.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will