Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
With minimal supervision, the Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for achieving the approved project objectives/goals by leading a project through initiation, planning & organizing, resource management, execution, and closure by managing the change through time, budget and scope to the required quality expectations. The SPM will largely be responsible for managing Tier 1 projects, or multiple Tier 2 projects. This position will also coach and mentor Project Managers who are managing Tier 2 projects.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In partnership with lines of business, prepares detailed project plans, including definition of scope, requirements, objectives, resource allocation, risks, issues, dependencies, task schedules and milestones following the Heartland Project Methodology.
2. Provides direction, prioritization and conflict resolution in managing project teams to accomplish project objectives.
3. Plans, directs and coordinates Heartland project activities and resources to ensure project goals are completed on time, within budget and with optimum quality.
4. In partnership with lines of business and Business Analysts, identify and validate the key business requirements for major projects to ensure that they are in line with Heartland’s vision and mission.
5. Familiar with the entire scope and requirements of projects and acts as liaison between team members, the PMO, and ITOPS leadership.
6. Identifies and tracks human resources required across projects, ensuring key resources are not over committed.
7. Ensures all required project artifacts are updated regularly.
8. Completes quality assurance assessments on their deliverables to ensure the information is clear, concise, accurate, and current.
9. Produces necessary status and health reports, as required by the project team, Project Sponsor, and the PMO.
10. Partners with Vendor Management to ensure proper contracts and Statement of work (SOWs) are in place for any work completed by a third party.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities. Management of projects includes directing project-related activities of the project team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 7-10 years direct experience managing complex projects, preferably in financial services
2. 5 years of financial services experience preferred.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, IT or Engineering-related field (MBA preferred)
4. Demonstrated project and risk management skills including ability to manage multiple priorities, resources, customers and management with a focus on consistency and accuracy.
5. Extensive experience employing project management methodologies, concepts, practices and procedures.
6. Self-motivated with excellent teamwork skills.
7. Ability to work closely with multiple business lines on project design, implementation and close.
8. Process improvement experience a plus.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Proficiency with MS-Office suite
11. Experience with project management software such as MS Project, ProWorkFlow, PlanView, Clarity, ServiceNow, PeopleSoft PPM
12. Experience with Agile tools such as Jira, Confluence, Version One
13. Experience with process mapping software, such as Blueworks, Visio, Promapp, Aris
14. Experience with reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Crystal Reports
1. PMP certification strongly preferred.
2. Lean Six Sigma certification a plus.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will