Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Loan Review Officer
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Senior Loan Review Officer leads activities designed to measure, monitor and report the level of credit risk and loan loss exposure in the loan portfolios of each of the member banks and non-bank subsidiaries, through the ongoing analysis of financial, economic and transaction risks identified within the portfolios. In addition, the Senior Loan Review Officer, in conjunction with Executive Leadership, will coordinate loan review activities as part of the due diligence process of reviewing and acquiring new banks or branches within the Heartland organization.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Independently evaluates individual loans to ensure that acceptable credit standards are maintained, loans are properly structured and conform to established policies and approved underwriting standards.
2. Independently evaluates the overall credit worthiness and repayment capacity of a larger borrower, including analyzing highly complex financial statements and ensuring that loans are accurately risk graded.
3. Monitor loan portfolio trends and communicate loan review observations to assigned banks and other areas within the organization as appropriate.
4. Assists the Director of Loan Review and Credit Risk Monitoring by frequently providing guidance and leadership to other team members on various loan review projects.
5. Periodically performs as the Team Lead providing guidance and leadership to other team members on various loan review projects.
6. Determines that credits are being properly administered in accordance with credit approval authorizations and documented loan terms.
7. Assesses the adequacy of loan documentation, file completeness and overall portfolio management practices.
8. Lead and conducts various due diligence projects related to mergers and acquisitions by selecting loan types based on risk; may need to consolidate individual members line sheets and issue a final recommendation to Executive Management on the credit quality of the portfolio.
9. Performs portfolio analysis identifying trends and/or concentrations in banks, industry groups, loan products and collateral dispersion.
10. Monitors problem loans, including attending monthly meetings with assigned banks and credit administration, to discuss sub rated credits and to assess the adequacy of the actions being taken.
11. Provide a high level of service to the assigned banks by proactively gaining knowledge of the changing market conditions within the assigned bank markets.
12. Assists in the preparation of other management reports and special projects related to loan portfolio quality as directed. Periodically reviews other team members work to ensure consistency and accuracy.
13. Provides guidance and training to lesser experienced team members as appropriate by acting as the primary leader of training initiatives for the team. While working with the Director of Loan Review and Credit Risk Monitoring, develop a training curriculum based on the different skills and experiences on loan review staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 7-10 years of commercial banking credit experience, with emphasis on commercial real estate, agricultural and commercial & industrial lending.
2. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent years of experience
3. Proficient financial analysis skills including but not limited to, determining liquidity adequacy, proper leverage and capitalization levels, and cash flow coverage of borrower obligations.
4. Well experienced in collateral valuation methodologies as well as validation of those values.
5. Proficient in loan documentation and more specifically, collateral perfection.
6. Ability to assess specific risk associated with individual loans, loan portfolio segments or broadly the loan portfolio.
7. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
8. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions finished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
9. Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines, with the ability to adapt within a changing environment.
10. Strong analytical skills and understanding of general economic theory as it relates to the lending and business environment.
11. Demonstrate leadership qualities
12. Effective oral and written communication skills
13. Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products.
14. RMA and BAI Loan Review Certification preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will