Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
With minimal supervision, the Project Manager (PM) is responsible for achieving the approved project objectives/goals by leading a project through initiation, planning & organizing, resource management, execution, and closure by managing the change through time, budget and scope to the required quality expectations. The PM will largely be responsible for managing multiple Tier 2 projects, and may perform PM related duties on certain Tier 1 projects. This position will also provide oversight on Tier 3 projects managed within the lines of business.
- In partnership with lines of business, prepares detailed project plans, including definition of scope, requirements, objectives, resource allocation, risks, issues, dependencies, task schedules and milestones following the Heartland Project Methodology.
- Provides direction, prioritization and conflict resolution in managing project teams to accomplish project objectives.
- Plans, directs and coordinates Heartland project activities and resources to ensure project goals are completed on time, within budget and with optimum quality.
- In partnership with lines of business and Business Analysts, identify and validate the key business requirements for major projects to ensure that they are in line with Heartland’s vision and mission.
- Familiar with the entire scope and requirements of projects and acts as liaison between team members, the PMO, and ITOPS leadership.
- Identifies and tracks human resources required across projects, ensuring key resources are not over committed.
- Ensures all required project artifacts are updated regularly.
- Completes quality assurance assessments on their deliverables to ensure the information is clear, concise, accurate, and current.
- Produces necessary status and health reports, as required by the project team, Project Sponsor, and the PMO.
- Partners with Vendor Management to ensure proper contracts and Statement of work (SOWs) are in place for any work completed by a third party.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration/Management, Computer Engineering, Information Technology required or
- Master's Degree preferred
- 5-7 years direct experience managing complex projects, preferably in financial services required
- 3-5 years of financial services experience preferred
- Demonstrated project and risk management skills including ability to manage multiple priorities, resources, customers and management with a focus on consistency and accuracy.
- Experience employing project management methodologies, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Self-motivated with excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to work closely with multiple business lines on project design, implementation and close.
- Process improvement experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS-Office suite.
- Experience with project management software such as MS Project, ProWorkFlow, PlanView, Clarity, ServiceNow, PeopleSoft PPM.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Jira, Confluence, Version One.
- Experience with process mapping software, such as Blueworks, Visio, Promapp, Aris.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Crystal Reports.
- Lean Six Sigma certification a plus
- Project Management Professional - PMP - Project Management Institute - PMI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will