Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Item Processing Clerk II
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under close supervision, the Item Processing Clerk operates the check scanner to image items for daily processing. Using the check processing system enter amounts and balance transactions for items to be posted. Prepare runfiles to be sent to the local clearing banks and the Federal Reserve. Proves record of transactions by performing essential duties and responsibilities.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Process proof work through the check scanner for DBT and Heartland member banks.
2. Use the check processing system to enter amounts and accounts on items that were not read by system for all Heartland member banks.
3. Balance transactions within each run for all Heartland member banks.
4. Key rejected fields for outgoing items for all Heartland member banks.
5. Process inclearing items.
6. Update daily volumes spreadsheet for all Heartland Financial member banks.
7. Process daily Lockbox for commercial customers.
8. Transmit files to Computer Operations.
9. Prepare Canadian cash letters to send to correspondent processor for processing.
10. Provide courteous and efficient service to customer, employees and Heartland member banks in a timely manner.
11. Answer proof telephone calls and emails to assist with problem solving, as necessary.
12. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. 1-3 years related experience and/or training
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
4. 10-Key experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will