Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EVP, Head of Consumer Banking
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The EVP, Head of Consumer has overall responsibility for the success of Consumer Banking at the corporate level via branch and online/mobile channels. This role is responsible for blending customer-centric principles with industry changing innovation, collaborating with Bank Presidents to produce the right strategy to best meet the needs of our customers. Also collaborates with marketing and sales teams, legal and compliance, other internal partners on execution of new and existing products.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides overall direction, focus and consistent execution of consumer banking goals and strategies.
2. Leads the organizations Consumer Banking business line.
3. Works closely with Member Bank leadership to coordinate consumer banking activities across the company.
4. Responsible for leading the merger/conversion processes for Consumer Banking on new acquisitions.
5. Drives consumer product sales and service process with related training.
6. Partners with marketing leadership to ensure product development, technology, and call center all align to ensure holistic and high-quality customer experience.
7. Coordinates with analytics teams to provide data analytics and management reports to assess progress and measure results.
8. Works with Human Resources to develop effective incentive plans, training, recruiting processes, and hiring standards.
9. Responsible for consistent training, policy/procedures, and the incentive plan/payments across the consumer enterprise.
10. Responsible for meeting annual profit and business plan goals.
11. Participates in a variety of bank committees such as ALCO that impact consumer banking.
12. Performs standard HR functions for hiring, performance reviews and disciplinary actions, often consulting with Member bank leadership.
13. Effectively works with other Heartland departments to coordinate activities.
1. Directly supervises the members of the Retail team and Retail Product Development.
2. Works with Heartland Financial’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration or equivalent experience
2. Ten years progressive experience in retail banking, marketing or consumer/small business lending.
3. In-depth knowledge of business and retail banking operations.
4. Prior sales management and/or direct sales experience.
5. Prior supervisory experience.
6. Must possess the management and interpersonal skills to achieve objectives and effect change using the principles of Matrix Management. This requires the individual to be firm yet diplomatic in achieving results.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to identify problems, evaluate solutions, gain consensus, implement a course of action and follow through to completion.
9. Ability to resolve conflicts.
10. Willingness to travel, visiting all Heartland banks at least twice annually or as needed.
11. Previous leadership experience.
12. Strong project management skills.
13. Ability to work as part of a team or individually on projects with very little supervision.
14. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will