Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Risk Officer
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Enterprise Risk Officer is responsible for working in conjunction with the Chief Risk Officer to execute and administer the enterprise wide risk management process.
1. Works with the Chief Risk Officer and line of business leaders in developing Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s), framework expectations, tolerance and appetite around them.
2. Administers the KRI reporting process. Coordinates the gathering of KRI data.
3. Develops and prepares dashboards and other risk reporting material using KRI’s.
4. Assist the Chief Risk Officer in executing escalations and action-step process for KRI’s that indicate risk beyond acceptable parameters.
5. Presents to management and Board of Directors indicated risk levels.
6. Works with Chief Risk Officer and business line leaders to develop risk assessments that aid in the development of and continuous improvement of the KRI framework.
7. Assists the Chief Risk Officer in creating and conducting enterprise-wide training and culture-building, for enterprise risk management
8. Conducts second line of defense monitoring and provides effective challenge with respect to first line of defense policies, procedures, and risk results, and provides reporting and communication to various layers of management and the Board of Directors
9. Assists the Chief Risk Officer with insurance risk management tasks
10. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
11.. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related study
2. 5-7 years’ experience in Risk Management Function.
3. Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management, Loan Review, Compliance, BSA, Fraud Prevention.
4. Experience with SOX, COSO and ERM Principles preferred.
5. Strong analytical skills.
6. Ability to work well with others.
7. Good written and oral communications skills.
1. Industry training RMA, ABA are desirable.
2. Professional Designations CPA, IIA, is desirable.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will