Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bank Academy Associate
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Throughout the Bank Academy you will take part in exclusive training and networking opportunities with professionals that will develop your banking understanding and professional skills. This rotational program will give you a high level knowledge of the main banking functions: Credit Analysis, Loan/Deposit Operations, Treasury/Commercial Banking, Retail Banking and Wealth Management. It will begin in the Credit Admin department where you will experience firsthand what goes in to the decision making process of a commercial loan. It will then transition into the Loan and Deposit Operations department for a short period and gain basic knowledge of the responsibilities and activities they are required to perform. Beyond this you will rotate through Commercial Lending, Treasury Management, Retail, and Wealth Management departments which will greatly increase your knowledge of sales and relationship development.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Credit Analyst Rotation - Here you will evaluate the financial strengths and weaknesses of our clients and potential clients and learn how those factors determine our lending decisions. Identifying credit issues during in the underwriting process and recommending ways to reduce the risk of a loan will be a strategic leaning objective.
2. Loan and Deposit Operations Rotation - In Loan Operations, you will gain understanding of all the lending functions, processes and documentation of a loan ranging from commercial loans to consumer loans. In Deposit Operations, you will learn about other deposit type products and their functions: Checking and Savings accounts, IRAs, and Electronic Banking Services. You will participate in the activities that result in making sure our clients are satisfied with the services we provide.
3. Treasure Management Rotation - The main goal for this is to understand treasury sales, client services, and implementation of these activities. Some of your responsibilities will include: analyzing prospect information to identify sales opportunities; participate in client meetings to learn product sales strategies; and develop analytical skills by understanding the minutia of financial details.
4. Commercial Lending Rotation - You will become a part of the lending team. You will evaluate client’s and potential client’s financial needs and develop knowledge of the commercial lending process. You will work alongside of the commercial bankers, portfolio managers, and loan assistants by going on sales calls, maintaining various reports, and attending sales meetings.
5. Retail Rotation - You will gain an understanding of consumer and business finance and credit. You will go more in depth on front facing customer relationships and needs analysis with our customers as well as learn what goes into managing a bank branch. You will be exposed to the vast amounts of banking and financial product opportunities we offer to our customers.
6. Wealth Rotation - You will participate in both the sales and operations side of our Wealth Advisory Services (WAS). You will provide assistance to our clients as well as to our wealth advisors and financial consultants. You will learn the ins and outs of wealth advisory products, how to determine their fit with client’s needs, and what it takes to be successful as an associate of the WAS team.
REQUIRED SKILLS, APTITUDES & EXPERIENCE:
1 Bachelor’s Degree in Business, including specific courses in Accounting, Finance and Economics.
2. Basic financial knowledge.
3. Strong detail and analytical skills.
4. Persuasive communication.
5. Some sales background.
6. Track record of obtaining results in past roles.
7. High level of initiative and accountability
8. Involved in extracurricular activities and professional groups.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will